Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Which Arb - Gta? Or Standard?

Smaky,

I have to replace the arb soon as its creaking like a mad man.

The car has Pro Kit Eibachs and will soon have Bilstein b6's (or B8's)... I have heard its worth upgrading to the GTA ARB for that extra 'stiffness'

What's your thoughts on that?

I've also heard that rather than upgrade the front, I should leave it standard and fit an GTA ARB to the rear.. apparently that reduces understeer..

So is any of that valid?

If i do fit a GTA ARB to the front, does it bolt straight on without mods?

OK, the GTA bar has taller brackets due to the small 1/8" spacer atatched to their underside, though they are a straight swap you need to conside this,

The GTA runs on 17" rims with lower profile and wider tyres than your JTS (which may even have 15" rims on), the GTA is also 150Kg heavier up front, so the compromise is, stiffen up the front and rear to lessen body roll, but risk increasing oversteer as you don't have the wieght over the front axle, that said it will improve thigs slightly but it wont handle aswell as a GTA, to increase front end grip and turning I'd go the whole hog and stick in a Quaife diff to make the front end a point and shoot affair.

The car has 16inch wheels, pro kits springs and soon will have billy B6 dampers.. ARB's are stock standard, including the front which is brand new.

I didnt see your reply until now otherwise I may have gone for a GTA bar, but it doesn't matter... I am planning on buying a GTA in the near future anyway so I don't want to go too far with this car.. I just want it right... thats all. I plan on keeping the JTS for a long time, the GTA will only be for fun :)

As far as a quaife goes - wouldn't that be overkill? I assume they're fairly costly?

tHE qUAIFE IN THE jtsis the best improvement in handling and performance you could do, but yes, it is pricey, I'd expect about aus$3k fully fitted looking at some of the comedy quotes you corkhats get.

Dammit Smaky - How am I meant to talk her indoors into this?! :Skull::cry:

Mind you, I notice you can get them in the UK for 700 pounds odd.. given their only 8kg, it wont be much for shipping.. But... the labor to fit them.. eh.. expensive.

Cork hats???

It's no wonder.. here's a typical Australian road sign

big%20bug.jpg

But we don't use cork hats anymore.. we just spray each other with....

repelant.jpg