As I am relatively new to Alfa ownership, I called upon Alfa156Melb (who was most helpful) to assist with a few pointers, and have now purchased Multiecuscan and all of the required cables etc, and came back with the following:

Gear Eng Pos: 20.824 - 20.862

Selection Pos: 17.710 - 17.745

Clutch Eng Pos: 29.652 - 29.694

Clutch P.Plate Travel: 29.652 - 29.694

Now I understand that the one to bear close attention to, is the Clutch Engage Position, and I also understand it is to be within 28mm - 28.5mm which I will attempt over the weekend.

What I would like to know is, are the other three within normal range, are they self-adjustable, and basically any other information that would be helpful?

If someone could also please explain what is currently happening to my vehicle, considering I am out of the 28mm-28.5mm range, and what I can expect to happen once this has been rectified.

Note that I have a 2007 147 Ti, with 56,000kms (34,796 miles) on the clock.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by gorge1982

Simple answer is no, they are not in range, but the good news is that they are all the same distance out from correct and I think you already know that it's the clutch rod which requires shortening to bring them all into range, to speed up changes and also smooth them out.

But if a rod is that far out normally it is a sign of a clutch about worn out, IF it's never been adjusted since the factory.