leongsoon

Blown Bulb Warning And Spliced Window Cable!

My 156 just suddenly decided to have the light up the Blown Bulb warning lamp in the dashboard yesterday, I checked normal beam, high beam, front and rear fog lamps, brake lamps, reverse, signals, hazard lights, but all the lights were working properly, any idea what else might have blown?

My right front power window started making a noise and refusing to go all the way down, it also needed some help to go back all the way out, so I took the door cards off and stuck my phone camera into the door while operating the window. Turns out that the cable has spliced horribly like a bunch of roots near the top end. Is it possible to just buy and change the cable? I've taken a apart and reassembled a Fiat Multipla's pretensioned window motor before, so hopefully it shouldn't be too different.

Oh good point! Side lights are fine, but I knew I must have missed something out, gonna check the number plate lights! Thanks K9d!