Sign in to follow this  
T4hir

Ac Problem

156 JTS SS, 2002 model, had the AC charged up from Kwikfit, no leaks but not blowing cool air in cabin. Normal airflow is fine. Guy said most likely electrical fault. AC switch lights up on pressing, fiddled with wiring connector on AC compressor and the red relay in box in front of battery, still no relay. On pressing AC switch on console, can't seem to hear that 'click' when the AC kicks in. How can I eliminate the likely suspects? Relay? Compressor?

Can problem be determined by Alfadiag?

Long shot, but had you recently disconnected the battery? You may need to reset the climate control...

Yes, had to take battery out 2 weeks ago while replacing radiator. Left it out for a couple of days and gave it a slow charge as well.

How do you reset the climate control?

Yup, tried the reset procedure as above but to no avail. AC still same as before, no chilled air!

I've had my battery off a few times on the GTA and had no problems with the A/C. If your doing it yourself I would(if I was doing it myself) change the cheapest part first eg the relay or switch then leave compresser till last, my guess anyway

12V direct to the plug ontop of the A/C compressor will engage the clutch, then if you run the engine the A/C should run at the selected temp, so that then rules out low pressure (which I think is the problem) and leaves the pressure switch, relay (unlikely) or wiring.