Sign in to follow this  
MrsAlfa

Spider S4 Tyres

Don't know if anyone can help me? I've ordered new tyres for my S4 but well it turns out that I have different ones on the back to the front! The fronts are 205's, and the rears are 225's.

I've ordered 4 205's, and the wheels are the same, we don't go faster than about 60mph in it cos it's too noisy, do you think it would be OK to fit the 205's on all four wheels???

The OE size was actually 195/60/15 so if they are original wheels then yes.

Double check with the fitter that the tyre is the correct fitting for the wheel. It doesn't matter how fast you go if it's going to come off the rim it's going to come off the rim.

Cheers mate, I'm still not sure if they are original wheels, although the state of the alloys would suggest they are ...!! They have a massive nut in the middle which requires a special tool (which luckily we have), the garage we ordered the tyres through seemed a bit clueless, so I'm not sure how much I trust them. They were saying things like "well, if you're going to race it ...." and "the back might sit down more because of the different widths ..."

Confidence? No.

and "the back might sit down more because of the different widths ..."

Complete crap, sidewall hieght would affect it, the rims will have a mark on them, 7J*****, this relates to the width and diameter, if you can find it and post it on here, or if you can find the part number on the rim then I can advise you to if the rubber will fit, but from what you've explained already I don't see why it wont.

Yean - need to know what profile you have bought - if you have the original wheels you need 205/50x15 to keep about the same rolling circumference as original. If your existing tyres on the rear were 225/50 then 205/50 will lower the gearing slightly and indeed make the car sit fractionally lower....though I'd have thought 225s would have been a bit wide for standard rims......

Cheers folks, I'll look in the morning and let you know.

Long story short, we checked all of the above and decided that the new tyres only make a 1cm difference to the ride height, everything else is the same, so they have all been fitted and the car runs well!

Thanks guys for all the help!