Sign in to follow this  
jack58

selespeed is inconsistant

Have ran fiatecuscan. No errors, adjusted clutch 28.560mm, bled clutch, re calibrated, but still have problems selecting gears especially reverse.During recalibration the reverse lights and gearbox were active but in trying to back out of the garage it took about ten attempts to engaged reverse. Drove around the block using manual and city mode and changes were very smooth Thought problem solved but driving back into the garage 1st gear selection missed and reverse selection again was almost non existent Again no errors

Some readings from fiatecuscan

gear-engage position 20.330mm

selection position 18.725mm

clutch pressure plate travel 28.560mm

hydraulic circuit pressure 46.923bar

battery voltage 12.62volts

Maybe it is a wiring issue Any IDEAS?

Take the rod down to 28mm, calibrate it again, make some gear selections with the engine off and watch the maximum hydraulic pressure, let us know and then I'll have a think of the next best course of action.

Hi Smaky

Readjusted rod length to 28.056mm and recalibrated.Settled down to 27.972mm The max hydraulic pressure is 54bar going down to 42bar.the gear selection is still erratic with no reverse although I did not start the car At the beginning of the problem I ran the free alfadiag and got the fault codes 1746 1748 Cleared them and they have not come back I ran alfadiag because at that stage FES would not connect to the selespeed ecu with the KKL CABLE

OK I suspect that this is an issue with the range insertion and the gear insertion sensors, by transposing them and running the calibration routine again may well solve this, but it may also be that the sensor on the rear (range) needs to be replaced as it may besoaked in oil and dirt.

The next step I'm affriad would be to remove and strip the gearbox as this could be breaking up inside.

Hi Smaky

I noticed that the rear sensor was dirty and cleaned it as best as could Is there a magic way to get access to unscrew the sensors (through the wheel arch?)Thanks for your help

You need to use a T25 bit and get it in squarely or you run the risk of rounding out the screws, at which point you'll need to remove the actuator.

Hi Smaky

Transposed sensors over and problem solved :yay: Thanks for your help

By the way I had trouble connecting KKL to selespeed ecu Engine ecu was OK Anyway purchased ELM327 ver 1.5a of eBay and it hooked up straight away

Cheers JACK58