Sign in to follow this  
iridium

2003 156 JTS Selespeed Clutch

Hi everyone,

I have asked this on the AO forum, but people there weren't very helpful - maybe it's because I'm a forum newbie over there... :(

Anyway, has anyone here done a clutch change on a 2003 156 JTS Selespeed that could give me some help & advice please?

I'm a qualified mechanic, but I've never attempted a Selespeed before and without a decent workshop manual I'm a bit worried about doing it...

Oh, and this isn't somebody else's car, she's mine and she's just sat there on the drive :(

Cheers!

Steve

Done mine, although it's a Twin Spark so there are a few small differences but basicly not much different to any other front wheel drive apart from setting up the clutch rod after,and although i'm a half decent home mechanic i'm not a proffesional and i found it pretty straightforward so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you hang around on here for a bit Smaky will be sure to come along, He's the selespeed guru and give you much more info.

Just ensure you have plenty of plus gas and a long 6mm hex, it takes me around 3 hours if I'm going flat out with the car on axle stands, if you get stuck pm me, I'm near Oxford now if you need help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk! Because I'm on tour!

Any chance for a guide? or would it be too complex?

Mine will be due shortly... when i replaced my engine, I needed a new clutch and was quoted $500 just for the kit!! Bloody Australian prices.. So the breaker I bought the motor off, kindly threw in a clutch kit for me, but it was about 60% worn... I'm keen to get a new one in there soon.

Kits are £150 here for Seles and £160 incl slave for manuals so you really need to find out where that other aus$200 is going to.

A guide is possible as I have the pics done but ATM not the time. A week should do as I'm just moving ATM.

Kits are £150 here for Seles and £160 incl slave for manuals so you really need to find out where that other aus$200 is going to.

A guide is possible as I have the pics done but ATM not the time. A week should do as I'm just moving ATM.

The price discrepancy here seems to be across the board for Alfa parts... For instance.. Coil Packs for JTS $A300, Pollen Filters - $70.. Drop links - $100 each! Thermostat.. $295.. I paid $A53 for an OEM from EBSpares.

Pretty much for all cases, you would expect to pay no more than a third the cost in the UK than you would here in Oz..

In regards to the guide, I'm in no hurry.. I know I'll need to do it in the next few months or maybe more..

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the replies. A how-to would be really good and very, very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Steve

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Gonna knock up an engine brace, along the lines of the official tool, tomorrow...

Any progress on the guide, Smaky? Your infinite Selespeed wisdom would be appreciated :yay:

Regards,

Steve

Cool! Cheers Smaky.

Couldn't get out to make the brace - I didn't fancy nearly a foot of snow and -5...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

I've not had a gearbox off a car in the last month so not had an opprtunity to get the pics. But, I shall be doing an engine swap in the next fortnight and as the job is almost the same I should be able t get them then.