Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

AlfaDiag data

My questions seem to be endless at the moment... :halo:

Having pluged AD into my car.. and FES too.. (wish I'd bought that instead).. I've noticed that AD reports the car has travelled ~118,000kms.. but the odo tells me it's done about 125k? :| what do you think is going on there? someone's lying..

How reliable is the reported data on these systems.. as I've seen some other questionable numbers too.. only I've forgotten what they are now!

Oh.. also I have a new motor in the car which has only done 49000kms.. is there anyway to adjust the odo to reflect that?

The Odos reading will always er on the side of caution as it's calculated by the needle position against time, the ECU takes it's signal from the ABS signal and is far more accurate, but 7000Km isn't abnormal and noyou can't wind the figure back...only forwards.

Smaky, would you explain how you get it put forward - I fitted a new odo a little while back so the true mileage and the odo are a long way apart and I would like to get this fixed. Also doesn't the ECU remember it in Km rather than miles ?