Sign in to follow this  
wht156s

Flashing on [1] & [2] then jump into [N]

Recently I ran into a few problems while driving my 156ss 2.0.

Can any experienced member share your solution or ideas?

Thanks a million.

1. Driving on freeway or uncongested road the gear or transmission is in perfect condition in all gear selections. But when in traffic jam or local stop and go for a period of time, my 156ss becomes beginner driver which it does not know how or when to release clutch to engaging into 1st gear. After it finally stabilized onto 1st gear, the rest shifting is fine.

2. Just a few days ago, my gear indicator often flashing when on 1st and 2nd gear and occasional it will jump to "N" position and this become more often now. After it jumps to "N" position, it is difficult to reengage back into 1st gear but shifting into "R" is not a problem. After shifting a couple time plus rest time on intersection, it will engage into 1st gear, but same situation repeat over again now.

What does the flashing gear indication means?

Please help. :cry:

A Diagnostic check should be done for any codes, but I think it is definately a pump. Clutch adjust and calibration are the place to start though.

Recently I ran into a few problems while driving my 156ss 2.0.

Can any experienced member share your solution or ideas?

Thanks a million.

1. Driving on freeway or uncongested road the gear or transmission is in perfect condition in all gear selections. But when in traffic jam or local stop and go for a period of time, my 156ss becomes beginner driver which it does not know how or when to release clutch to engaging into 1st gear. After it finally stabilized onto 1st gear, the rest shifting is fine.

2. Just a few days ago, my gear indicator often flashing when on 1st and 2nd gear and occasional it will jump to "N" position and this become more often now. After it jumps to "N" position, it is difficult to reengage back into 1st gear but shifting into "R" is not a problem. After shifting a couple time plus rest time on intersection, it will engage into 1st gear, but same situation repeat over again now.

What does the flashing gear indication means?

Please help. :cry:

Smaky is the chap to go to for the best help on selespeeds, but if you look at the thread "Selespeed Woes" + "Selespeed Woes Solved" you will see that I had a very similar problem which had a simple solution and you may be as lucky as me!

Ralph