Sign in to follow this  
V6Hughes

Won't keep me logged in when browsing on my phone

It won't let me check the box with the option to always stay logged in or the box to hide my online status. Maybe that's where the problem lies?? Works fine on the laptop.

Everytime I switch tabs in safari it logs me out or if I close safari or open a new app.

It's just a little annoying

get an android phone. :thumbs:

(we'll look into it ;))

As a kind of fix, we're now tapatalk enabled which should work fine on your iStuff. But we're still looking into why it doesnt like iBrowsers.

Have you tried any other browser apps or just safari?

if you have another one installed would you mind checking it out to see if it has the same issues?

Its something to do with cookies (files stored on the phone from here that tell the website who you are etc) but why its not getting them right with iStuff is a bit of a mystery.

:LOL: cheeky sod :P

thats cos AO was made before iThings existed, they built the iphone around AO, not the other way around. :LOL:

ok cheers for that chap, that means it not just a safari thing but an iProblem. we'll get it sorted asap. :thumbs:

This might be a bit like teaching grannies to suck eggs but...

If you're having trouble staying logged in on your iPhone please check that you have cookies enabled, you must allow cookies to be placed on your telephone so that the server can track current session information.

To enable cookies in Mobile Safari:

1. Go to the Home screen by pressing the Home button or by unlocking your phone.

2. Select the Settings icon.

pict0044.jpg

3. Select Safari from the Settings menu.

iphone_settings_s.jpg

4. Select Accept Cookies from the Safari menu.

iphone_settings_safari.jpg

5. Select From visited from the Accept Cookies menu.

iphone_accept_cookies.jpg

6. Press the Home button to return the the iPhone home screen.

7. Select the Safari icon to return to Safari.

8. Before the cookie settings change will take effect, Safari must restart. To restart Safari press and hold the Home button (for around five seconds) until the iPhone display goes blank and the home screen appears.

9. Select the Safari icon to return to Safari.

If cookies are successfully enabled, the dialer registration and login will not generate an enable cookies warning.

Cheers alfabhoy. I followed hge instructions but my settings were already correct.

Im a bit clueless about this sort of thing but i can tell you if it helps you to locate the problem that my phone keeps me logged in on other forums unless i purposefully log out.

Cheers,

Karl.