Sign in to follow this  
Anthony147

Market Value - Insurance Valuations On Alfa's

Hi all,

Got the dreaded insurance renewal coming up - and the question is about market value.

I have a fully working (touch wood) 2003 Alfa 147, 5 door, 2.0 selespeed - that if I do say myself is well maintained, pretty pristine bodywork and an unmarked interior.

Looking on the usual suspect sites - find very few of the same for sale (so replacement like for like would appear to cost a premium over supposed trade book valuations).

So how can I make sure that if I need to make a claim - I don't end up getting a pitiful amount?

She's young by classic policy standards, old by parkers valuations.

Be good the forums thought or if any else has solved a similar problem.

What you'd need is an "agreed value" policy, which will be a bit more expensive than a standard policy (which will pay out tuppence ha'penny if your 2003 147 is written off), but will at least pay out a decent amount of money in the event of the car getting smashed up.

AlfaDriver.com have partnered with Prestige Keep Moving car insurance, and have their own section on this site. Tim from Prestige will be able to help, I'm sure. :thumbs:

The Prestige insurance section is to be found here: http://www.alfadriver.com/forum/index.php/forum/140-car-insurance-chat/

Good luck, and welcome to AD. :)

Cheers Morgan - seems to be the way to go, prestige apparently do a like for like policy so I'll give them a try also.

Anyone got an agreed value on their car (ideally 147) at the moment?