Sign in to follow this  
mythrandiir

Jerky When Cold, Power Loss After 5000 Rpm

hi guys, my 147 selespeed has been acting strangely lately and was hoping someone here could maybe guide me so i can figure out whats been going on.

where to start... :cry:

when starting in the morning the car is very jerky in reverse, first and second for about 10 min and then it will drive like normal. if i leave it to warm up for the same amount of time before i start driving its fine.

it has developed a clunky noise when changin up and down gears i mailnly notice it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. by the time i hit fourth im going too fast to hear i think!

now the biggest problem is that the car has lost power after 5000 rpm , especially in 4th and 5th gears. it seems like it just hits a brick wall and only creeps up very slowly.

now i have multiecuscan and have scanned the car and i have two error codes which i have cleared and have come back so it must be a permanent fault. they are:

P1178 - mixture 2 strength (multiplicatitive)

P1177 - mixture correction (multiplicative) 1

i checked the clutch rod using the software and it is at 28.5mm so it seems ok. I have tried doing the clutch reset procedure using multiecuscan and have reset the ecu using the method i saw (disconnect battery for 45 min etc)

also today i decided to see what happened when i disconnected the maf sensor... well i started the car and it spluttered into life for a few seconds before stalling. started again but this time gave it some revs to stop it stalling and i had 'selespeed system failure' and oil pressure warning message come up, the steering went all heavy so i let it stall. i then reconnected the maf and everything went back to how it was before.

If anyone is feeling brave enough to pick the bones out of that one i would be very grateful.

The selespeed will need the gearbox opening/inspecting and the clutch replacing, easy stuff.

The running issue sounds like a Lambda on the way out or a dodgy spark plug (full of oil), but will be even simpler than the box to sort.

thanks for the reply, i took out the spark plugs and you were right, a couple of them are covered in oil! i have been told this is due to a rocker gasket cover does that sound right to you?