Sign in to follow this  
gorge1982

Struggling To Breathe

Hello Forum,

The past few days, on start-up only, when I turn my Alfa 147 over, the first second or two it sounds like the car is struggling to take in air from somewhere, exhaust wise. There is a very low rumble from the exhaust, and it revs very low, before it picks itself up, and goes to a normal start-up routine.

Pushing the accelerator pedal assists in pushing it out of it's little struggle.

This is getting worse, as time goes on, and thought I should add, it only happens on the morning start-up - on a cold start, and does not happen on a warm or hot start throughout the day.

I always warm the car for 5-10 mins before I drive it anywhere - don't know if that is relevant.

I am aware that there will be a time soon where it cuts out, and want to get onto this straight away.

Just thought that I would also mention that I just ran a diagnostic check with Multiecuscan, and it came back with no fault codes across the board. Both Engine and Gearbox.

In which case I would be suspecting the MAF or loose battery connections

Hi Smaky,

I have this booked in for early next week. Just thought I should mention, that strangely, over the past few days the problem seems to have gone away, and the car is starting up normally. This won't stop me getting it checked out of course, but just thought I would mention it, incase it confirms to you what it might be or not be?