Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Facelift - Climate Control

I have yet another question for you Sir Smakalot...

I've noticed that my climate control is behaving differently than I'm used to over the last few days.. we've had some warmer weather lately, which may be the reason.. so for now anyway, i'm just monitoring it to see..

But this made me plug MES in to see if there were any faults recorded... there weren't..

However, I noticed that in the Parameters, Treated temperature 1 (Right) isnt reporting anything.. see pic. Is this normal?

Also, according to MES I seem to have a pollution sensor.. under what conditions does that activate? It seems to me, when I drive through the tunnels under Melbourne, through thick exhaust fumes, just about choking and struggling to see 20 meters in front of me, Nothing actually changes on the climate control... I would have thought that it would change to recirc at the very least.. it doesnt, it just seems to want to slowly suffocate me in heavy traffic.

climate%20con.PNG

Edited by Alfa156Melb

RTT is in need of replacement, Pullution sensor is a mythical thing not fitted to Alfas, but they never turned it off in the program when it was taken from the fiats.

Ok, where is the rtt and other than a dealer, any suggestions on where to source one?

Wrecker would be a good start I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had a look at eLearn and its looks to be in the dash somewhere.. i may just take it to an indie for this job..

It's tucked up the right hand side of the heater box assemly, Personally I wouldn't worry about it as it has very little effect on what the system is doing.

If I were to replace it, is the part expensive? just out of interest..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Alfa156Melb

Smaky, I'm getting closer, the part number is 46799647 and its on the passenger side vents according to MES but....

In MES, Treated Temperature 1 (Left) & Treated temperature 1 (right) both share the same description: 'This is the temperature measured on the passenger side vents' ...Would it be safe to assume that we are talking about the foot vents here? and in my case the right hand (driver side) foot vent?

I know its not that big a deal.. I just hate it when stuff isn't working properly. :Frustrated:

Edited by Alfa156Melb