Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Oil Filter Mod - Post 2004 Jts Engines

After changing my oil and filter last night I came across a small complication that I hope you might be able to clear up Smaky...

My car is a 2003 JTS, but last last year I replaced the motor with a post 2004 jts.

When I ordered the oil filter from EB Spares, they only provided one option for JTS filters so I ordered that, along with providing my chassis number (which of course, would not have reflected the fact i have a later motor fitted.)

Anyway, whilst the new filter fits fine, its much smaller than the one that came off....

In other forums, some have discussed this, but I couldn't find a definitive answer on whether they are compatible..

Can you confirm they are, or not please?

The official filter to be used on the JTS is about 2/3 the hieght of that used on the twinny/v6, but there is no problem using either on either engine.

Ok, cool thanks.. One thing i notice with my car is the oil never seems to get hot.. I rarely drive it hard though, and its a bloody cold winter..

But I can literally lick the oil off the dip stick after a long drive.. it wouldn't burn my tongue. Feels warm (at a guess, 50 degrees c) to the touch.

This is bugged me for awhile now, 10w60 is thick afterall, and i want flow..