Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Clutch Self-Calibration Enable

OK so I want to do this adjustment on my 156, but the instructions in FES don't make sense - Gearbox - CFC208F

They are:

1. press execute with engine off

2. Start engine

3. Turn key to off, then back to MAR - (THIS is where i'm confused.. wouldnt that disconnect FES from the ECU thus killing the routine?)

4. Start in 2nd gear with accelerator fully depressed, bringing the engine to 3000RPM then release.

has anyone else done this with any success?

pulling away in first gear, especially when the clutch is cold is and has always been rough. Ive adjusted the clutch lever to 28mm, calibrated and no luck. That made a huge difference generally, especially once warmed up. But on a cold clutch, it's still not right.

I'm hoping that maybe the bite point may be the culprit.

Edited by Alfa156Melb

I tried it again last night, and as soon as I pressed the execute button, FES threw up a Test Completed Window - status 00.. didnt even have time to turn the motor on..

Not having much luck here.

Yep, once it's done that you then turn off the ignition, start the car, select 2nd and floor it to 3000rpm, then slow to a stop, turn off the engine, wait for the dash illuminaTION TO DIE, START THE CAR AND DRIVRE OFF NORMALLY.

• Like 1

Well, I finally got around to running this procedure, this time though, I ignored the 'completed' message and followed the instructions as specified..

No more clutch judder, no more kangaroo jumping, faster gear changes and much more assertive changes too..

Very happy..