Sign in to follow this  
Diablo

Any ideas what could be causing this? 147 TS

Been looking for a car for my daughter and seen a 147 TS Selespeed on ebay. Selling as spares or repair and this is a cut and paste of the advert.

Alfa Romeo 147 2.0L Selespeed. Lusso with less than 58000 miles

BEING SOLD AS SPARES OR REPAIRS.

This is a 51 plate 2001 car in green. It is the 5 door version with very good bodywork.

We have owned this car for almost 2 years and in that time, despite the normal Alfa rumours, it has ran perfectly and never let us down once.

Back in December, we went away for a week leaving the car parked up. When we came back, I went to start the car up. It turned over very slowly and then fired up. I assumed at that point it was a flatish battery due to the cold weather. The engine tried to idle but would only go slowly up to a high a idle and then slowly back to a slow idle before repeating the process over again, and so on. When I selected first and drove off, it wouldn't do it unless the revs were quite high. Also, as I came to a halt, instead of idling as normal, the engine stalled.

I have had the car looked at and it would seem that the cambelt may have jumped a tooth on one of the cogs.

Anyone got any ideas as what this could be and possible cost

Thanks, but that is only a guess, a shot on the diagnostic computer would point you to the true culprit.....unless it's out of fuel.