Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Air con button

Ok so I've wondered on and off about this for ages, but keep on forgetting to ask the question..

On the very rare occasion I want to deactivate the A/C, by pressing the A?C button and just have the fans going, it turns off, but after a random amount of time, it turns back on again..

I have the dual climate control system... I don't have Auto selected...

Does anyone know why this happens?

I've noticed mine comes on again again by itself if I adjust the temp, fan speed, or anything else really... Also it's on by default every time the car is started or the ignition is switched on. I actually find it a bit annoying... I want to decide whether I waste some of my not very significant horsepower on aircon, not have the bloody car make the decision...! And mine isn't the dual system,(I think) just basic aircon... :rant:

Weird.. but that comes as no surprise.

I have a feeling that if the system detects moisture in the cabin.. it flicks the aircon on.. But while fuel is $1.60 per litre, there are times i want to turn it off! If my windows arent fogging and im not baking like a roast duck in the car.. then why the hell cant I?! :bluecry:

I love my Alfa.. but seriously... sometimes it behaves worse than my two year old...

I've tried all the techniques.. naughty corner.. ignoring it.. setting boundaries. You name it.. I've even read the books and watched the Nanny.. All to no avail......

BAH! :facepalm:

Isn't there some funky series of ignition turning you can do as a fix for this?

I can't remember precisely, I'm sure Smaky will come and

A) laugh at me

B) tell us how to fix it :thumbs:

To be honest, removing the aircon has always been one of the first 'performance' mods I've done on any car I've owned that had it... Lost a whole passenger worth of weight from an XJ6 I once owned, and increased radiator airflow, reduced fuel consumption and freed up some horses for actual use on the road... Wouldn't mind doing it to my bella, but with that belt it's not as simple as it used to be on older cars... :(