Sign in to follow this  
Alfapaul

Self Leveling lamps

Ok here goes.

Self leveling lamps. Anyone know the method of self leveling (gyroscope, mercury level) on the 166,and where it is located.

The motors work fine but no matter how the lamp units are set the lamps point too close to ground.

Motors always adjust on switch on, hence why I am guessing an issue with the levelling mechanism.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Ok here goes.

Self leveling lamps. Anyone know the method of self leveling (gyroscope, mercury level) on the 166,and where it is located.

The motors work fine but no matter how the lamp units are set the lamps point too close to ground.

Motors always adjust on switch on, hence why I am guessing an issue with the levelling mechanism.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

There's a link to the rear shocks which moves the sensor which sends a signal to the light motor to adjust, if the lights though are set to low manually then they never will go up, but these sensors do fail and when they do they drop the lights to the lower position, so I'd suspect the sensor to be at fault.