Sign in to follow this  
jhc

I might be getting one of these...

http://www.jasondawe.com/Ford%20Mondeo.htm

It needs a bit of work.

The bodywork is a bit iffy, it needs new rear shocks.

And a couple of other small details, like...

It needs a new engine.

But its FREE! :yay:

For anyone that remembers... I 'one red paperclipped' my way from a knackered chav-spec e30 318 up to the 156... The process may be about to start again :D

Anyone know much about them? I'd like to drop a derv lump in it to add kerb appeal...

How do you mean "it needs a new engine"? Is the existing one shot, or totally missing?

If you are after an interesting engineering project, then sounds great. If you are after a cheap shed, could actually be a false economy..

Stick a lumpm in it and swap up :thumbs:

If you manage toget to an 8c I will be well impressed :LOL:

I'd be tempted to do what 2spark said but you might not make much on it. There are lots and lots of tatty Mondeos out there available very cheaply. Good cars though, loads of space and what have you.

second hand shocks and engines for these are ten a penny. I'd be interested to see if a derv could just drop in but I doubt it. If it would be a pain I'll just find one of the 1.8 lumps and use that. Cant cost more than a couple of hundred quid, fit it myself, then throw it up on swapz and see what I get offered.

Not after a huge profit, just a few swaps til I get something worth keeping for a while. The rover chaps we have on here will remember very well the process of getting to the 156. It was great fun :D

Details on the engine are sketchy at best but I know it was run dry of oil so chances are its seized. Its being looked at by somebody at the mo and the owner (brother in law) will decide what he wants to do with it after that. Chances are it wont be worth his while to fix it (he'll be paying for labour and garage prices) so he'll give it to me.

:LOL: probably a good idea to get the engine with matching gearbox :|