Sign in to follow this  

F1 going to Sky Sports...

heard this on the news today... what a joke.

:tut:

Heard all about this, not good news :rant: I will also not being paying to watch it on Sky :tut: wonder how long it will last on BBC though :sad:

Well that's fucked then. :mad:

I thought there was a clause in the Concorde agreement that F1 had to be broadcast on a FTA channel.

No way will I be watching a race series when I only get highlights of half the races. :rant:

So with WSB being too boring at the moment, Moto GP having tiny grids and F1 being ruined, what the fuck am I supposed to do on a Sunday. ???

Well that's fucked then. :mad:

I thought there was a clause in the Concorde agreement that F1 had to be broadcast on a FTA channel.

No way will I be watching a race series when I only get highlights of half the races. :rant:

So with WSB being too boring at the moment, Moto GP having tiny grids and F1 being ruined, what the fuck am I supposed to do on a Sunday. ???

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=595 ;)

I agree about it being a very bad move.

A lot of people only watch it cos its free... they are going to lose a vast amount of UK viewers (is it a worldwide agreement that it will now be only available on subscription channels?) because of this.

Another example of that greedy little dwarf opting to line his pockets at the expense of the sport. :tut:

If they move it will they replace it with scalextric racing?

Thats far more exciting :D

I won't be paying to watch it either.

Look what sky has done to Boxing for instance.

Boxing use to be really popular up until the mid 1990's when it all went pay per view.

I'm with you lot on this one. :thumbs:

I will not be paying Sky to watch a sport I have been watching for free for the last 20 years. :tut:

Symon also makes a good point about boxing - look what happened to that when it went pay-per-view. :sad:

Football's big enough to go "premium", especially as fans will spend inordinate amounts of money on season tickets, shirts and other merchandise, but F1 will just become marginalised by this partial switch to pay-per-view.

It was obviously the view of those awarding 50% of the rights to Sky that F1 is big enough to go "premium". Personally, I think they are wrong, and will be proved so.

Becuase I love F1 so much....am seriously considering getting Sky Sports although I think the decision made is a bad one ;(

Well, if they think I'm paying to watch F1, they're sadly mistaken. :finger:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12433 ... st-comment

Er tony. You already do. It's called a TV licence :P

But on a serious note yes this is a massive faux pah. Give it a year and it will be back hopefully once they realise that no one is watching again. Either that or bernie will start planning his randome sprinklers on the track hing again! :rolleyes:

But on a serious note yes this is a massive faux pah.

Would it be wrong of me to point out the utterly delicious irony of spelling "faux pas" incorrectly? :Confused:

It would? :o

OK, then I won't. :teehee:

blah blah blah :finger::facepalm: I sware you just look for my post so you can correct them. I did look at it for ages too but couldn't be arsed to google it to make sure it was right

blah blah blah :finger::facepalm: I sware you just look for my post so you can correct them. I did look at it for ages too but couldn't be arsed to google it to make sure it was right

But the error was with the French phrase "to make an error". :teehee:

Come on man!!! You think I can let that one pass me by?!?!? :omg:

Love ya man! :LOL:

:facepalm: I give up :LOL: Maybe I'm stupid or something :grump:

Harsh of munky to put the boot in after I'd already knocked you on your arse. :tut:

I saw you'd spelt "swear" incorrectly, but decided to let it slide, on the basis that I'm a decent bloke.

For shame, munky. For shame. :s

:teehee: