Sign in to follow this  
jhc

android phone

Anything will do... anyone got one laying around after an upgrade?

Yes

I am that techy I have loads of robot phone things lying about all over the place. :D

:LOL:

A friend bought one of those thinking along the lines you have mentioned... He was a tad disappointed, its utter utter shite. :tut:

I'm looking to spend around a ton, which will get me another x10 or similar on the bay, just wondered if anyone had one kicking about.

You ain't having my £400 beast of a phone :D

Worth getting one though if you feel like splashing out, does everything and more:

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/mobile-streak/ ... noteSearch

My mate has a Orange San Francisco he might be trying to get rid off, I'll speak to him.

They're about £70 new though so I think £50 or similar should do it. If you're interested let me know and I'll go mug him ask him nicely if he still wants rid of it.

I said I wanted a phone, not a brick, so you can keep your £400 £200 dell...

And I'll pass on the other one too, it looks rubbish :P

The Orange San Francisco is an OK phone once you unlock it, very easy to do, and then wipe the Orange software off and put a decent version of Android on.

And all of the above is within my skills, so I'm sure you could manage easily.

If you do get one I still have the files on my PC that are needed to sort it out.

Yep, it takes some time but it can be done, all I'm left with is the Orange label on the back :evil:

I'm running Android Version 2.2 on mine.

hmm... quite tempted if thats the case...

But I keep being drawn back to x10's, they go for about a ton these days :$

Nice phone the x10 and not bad for a ton, the Orange San Francisco is a ZTE Blade that has been re-badged. When I got mine it was £90 and the Sony was about £150 I only got it because I knew it was easy to unlock and reconfigure.

Its a good phone although Angry Birds can be a bit slow at times. :(

hmm, if angry birds is slow, need for speed shift and Hawx are going to have serious issues :LOL:

I had the x10 before and it was more than adequate for my needs so I reckon thats what I'll end up with.

I got mine because when I was doing 12 hour night shifts as a printers assistant the worlds most boring job for an ex printer/manager I needed something to alleviate the boredom, now I'm on 8 hours shifts and printing again it is largely unused but very handy for google, sat-nav etc. :)

I've got an old HTC Tattoo if that's any good. Can't tell you about games, because I don't use my phone for them ...

A bit too old for me.

I'm getting an X10 anyway, so thanks for the offers folks, but I'm sorted now :thumbs:

Got a samsung galaxy s.

Its not amazing when it comes to power and the battery life is abysmal. It also wont let me do the firmware upgrade to 2.3 for some reason, but the screen is superb!

I had a Galaxy S for 2 weeks, unfortunately it kept crashing and I had to return it, your right its a fantastic screen. :thumbs:

You should be able to put 2.3 on it, I did, have you tried XDA developers ?

I have files on my PC for rooting etc, just need to sort them from ZTE and HTC files.

I have a HTC desire now, de-branded from O2 and running 2.3. :D

I've heard a few stories about them crashing and being unstable, but mine seems to be a good one.

It was the same with my X10, everyone said it would be shit but mine was fine. :Confused:

I now have an official samsung 2.3.5 rom on it thanks to a website called samfirmware which posts 'leaked' official samsung roms and their software to flash it on the phone too.

It was a piece of piss to do, just downloaded the right version for my phone/region, pointed the software to it and plugged in the phone. It updated as it would with an official update... no data loss etc. And cos its proper samsung firmware it doesnt void any warranties.

I'm still tempted to root it properly but for now am happy with just customising it with a new launcher (GO).

Its still got a shit battery life, but it has improved over 2.1 and everything works on it now :D (I only wanted to do it for iPlayer :LOL: )