Sign in to follow this  
Starkers

The Formula One thread

What happened to Milo's thread? (Not that I've been around much to see!) :LOL:

Well......second half of the season will start again this weekend - kicking off with Spa one of my favourite tracks :cool:

With Alonso leading the WDC.....it's all good!

Can someone explain how this 1, 2 or 'kin 3 stop strategy works ? Ffs it's not rocket science that 1 stop is better ...Surely :Thinking:

It depends on the heat of the track etc. And what's going on in the race. It is sometimes beneficial to pit near the end if you're in a fight for the podium. Fresh tyres y'see

Can someone explain how this 1, 2 or 'kin 3 stop strategy works ? Ffs it's not rocket science that 1 stop is better ...Surely :Thinking:

Its all down to tyres, if your really gently on them i.e Sauber then you can get away with a 1 stop, if your really hard on tyres then it will probably be a 3 stop otherwise it will be 2. The tyres are designed to drop off rapidly in performance once they are past their best to make the racing more exciting, and I think it works. :)

Yes, as others have said 1 stop not always the best! The right stratergy with the correct tyre management is essential - a few drivers have seriously lost out near the end of a race due trye degradation especially when it's a hot climate.

Tyres this season have proved more tricky to manage but makes it all the more exciting, I guess :cool:

Yes, as others have said 1 stop not always the best! The right stratergy with the correct tyre management is essential - a few drivers have seriously lost out near the end of a race due trye degradation especially when it's a hot climate.

Tyres this season have proved more tricky to manage but makes it all the more exciting, I guess :cool:

I love a girl that knows what she's on about.

I bet you can explain the offside rule as well.

Right so hear we go again this weekend so who do fancy for the win Vettel or Hamilton or maybe even Kimmi ???

Answers on a post card .!!

Have Ferrari and Alonso lost the plot ?

Edited by Gibot123

Lewis, Kimi, every other driver then Vettel would be my preferred result. :)

Nothing against Sebastian but it gets a bit boring.

I love to hear Kimi's interviews :LOL:

I love a girl that knows what she's on about.

I bet you can explain the offside rule as well.

Seen this a whole year later! :LOL:

Oh, do you? ;) Well, I'm F1 crazy, baby. Yes, footie my second fav sport.

Right so hear we go again this weekend so who do fancy for the win Vettel or Hamilton or maybe even Kimmi ???

Answers on a post card .!!

Have Ferrari and Alonso lost the plot ?

Kimi probable as won four times at Spa before but it's one of those races anything can happen - 75% chance of a safety car. Would love to see Fernando win.

Ferrari have had ongoing issues with their windtunnel amongst other things plus their one lap pace is not good compared to Mercedes/RBR, yet still Fernando has still managed to win two races as he makes the best of whatever he's given.

Hoping for a nice, clean start.....not like last year.

Yes would love to see a race where all the main contenders are on a similar level so we actually get a real race! It's getting better with the Mercedes getting a lot better just a shame Ferrari can't do a bit better.

Still think Mercedes have a good chance as there is a fair bit of fast out and out speed areas to the track and some high speed corners . Just hope it's all a bit closer.

Bring on the weekend . Yippeeee.

Would love to see Kimmi get a win just to stick it to the top teams ;)

Well, Ferrari are traditionally very good at Spa - they're confident, hoping they'll be strong in both qualifying and the race. The tyre changes have proved a challenge (both themselves and Lotus were main teams who didn't want them) but if you look at Hungary, their pace was pretty good but weren't where they wanted to be on both soft and medium tyres. The tyre changes that went ahead hurt Ferrari and they know the importance of how to react, because the structure of these tyres is until the end of the season.

Stefano was quoted as saying "Then a lot will depend on the choice of compounds for the races at the end of the season. It is something we need to analyse carefully - as it seems Mercedes has solved the issue that it was suffering massively in the races."

Edited by divadiva

Oh dear....Sebs new hair is rather 'bootylicious!' :o

ku-bigpic.jpg

Edited by divadiva

What made me laugh was loads of people have been asking questions about the hair and the team have now said that he doesn't want to be asked about it?. He's on the telly what was he thinking would happen . Tut tut. Lol

Well the practice didnt go as I expected but difficult to know who had what fuel and due to the damp start to he first practice not quite sure what to think.?

Will have to wait for 3rd practice tomorrow .

Hamilton on top had a sneaky feeling about those mercs . A good showing from the ferrari's too. Poor Di Resta came so close tp pole only to have it snatched away at the last minute.

Looking good for an interesting race tomorrow . ;)

I'm hoping for changeable weather that will make it much more exciting. :)

Yep, it was a good call on the tyres but the weather went the wrong way for him.

Good for Lewis though :yay: