Sign in to follow this  
alfapat

Wet Drivers Footwell

I have posted this subject on another site and getting nowhere.

Exhausted all the usual suspects , water getting into inner sill through the A post somewhere and appearing between the floor and sill at the seam. Trying to remove the front wing off a spare car to see if the fault lies behind it .

The car is three door 147

Any help appreciated it's driving me nuts and spoiling. good car. Looking for anyone who has info to resolve this issue please.

Edited by alfapat

Ok thought I found the reason for wet footwell (3 door 147) drivers, the seam leading down from a drain hole to the right looking from the front near the bonnet hinge and leading down the inner wheel arch . Maybe didn't seal it properly bu still leaking . Also discovered a leak coming from the rear and also ending up in the inner sill.I don't know the source yet but it appears above the rear light fit net and on the inner panel, so somewhere above that?

Please some help appreciated , car is closer to scrapping every day!,,,

The leak at the front is common from where you've described it, GT's also suffer in the same place.

The rear leak could be the aerial (if there is one) or from the rear hatch electrics grommet between body and bootlid.

Hi Alex , thanks for that , excess condensation seems to affect the rear , as the inner sills are always getting water from the front.

I an only narrow down the leak to somewhere between the top of the strut housing and its attachment to the bulkhead by a strong plate. However it's inaccessible except by shining a light through the cavity from the bonnet hinge area, where the window washer tubing enters ,and. I can replicate leakage by pointing a running hose over it, or through it. The leak can start just by sitting the car in rain also , it's mad! Im considering blocking off the gap with a plastic plate and silicone. This still leaves a drain to inner wheel arch area free.I have run a hose through this drain for a considerable Time and no leaks to the footwell in that time.