Sign in to follow this  
thedude510

Selespeed Locked

Hey Folks,

I'm having a quite frustrating issue with my Selespeed.

A few days ago, after requesting 2nd gear, the selespeed went into neutral (while still indicating 1st on the dashboard). I pulled on the side, went back to neutral, then 1st, then the exact same issue happened when I tried to go into 2nd (neutral, with 1st still displayed on the dashboard).

That second time however, I couldn't get any gear selection to work, it just stay locked in that position.

I left the car turned off for half an hour then tried again with key on MAR, trying to select gears up & down randomly. It did change a few gears occasionaly but would fail most of the time until the battery died and that was it for the night.

My mechanics has checked everything he could on the car, and called me quite disappointed saying everything looks fantastic on the Examiner: pressure is perfect, actuators and gear selections works great through the examiner, however he is unable to get any gear change through the lever in the car.

I was tempted to think this might be related to a faulty clutch sensor, but they did run an EOL calibration which went all the way through without any errors (which would rule this issue out I would imagine).

Would anyone have an idea of what could be going wrong? Any tip on procedures or checks that we could perform that might narrow it down?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Smaky,

That's what I thought too, but they tried with a fresh battery at the shop and that didn't change a thing unfortunately....

Ok, if it goes all the way through EOL but can't get any gear change, has your mechanic tested to see if the shift lever is generating a shift input signal? Are the micro switches in the shift lever working? They could be dud or it could be a bad connection in the lever connection wiring.

Baz

Hey Folks!

Quick update, I just went to see my car 'with my own eyes' as I started to not trust the mechanics on this. A quick check with MultiEcuScan showed a clutch rod length at 22mm. I adjusted it to 28.2mm (at midnight on their parking) and boom, all gear changes ran smoothly.

I couldn't take the car for a test run as the parking is locked at night, but I did get it to creep a couple meters in first and reverse.

I'm halfway between relieved and furious my mechanics couldn't find something that simple (this has been going on for almost 30 days now).

Anyway thank you all for your help (here, and in the many many other posts on the forum), the information you share is invaluable!

Edited by thedude510

Well I hope they're not charging you for their incompetence. And I hope it is sorted now, but if the rod was that far out you may have a clutch change coming up.