K9d

Decision Time.

Picked the 3 series up last week and have driven it a few times.

It drives fine, corners well, brakes brilliantly, doesn't rattle, the lights light up the road ahead of me, the key fobs work, it seems economical and the minging interior has cleaned up nicely, so why am I having second thoughts and wanting to keep my 156 ?

Picked the 3 series up last week and have driven it a few times.

It drives fine, corners well (doesn't get airborne and summersault and pirouette round corners) brakes brilliantly, doesn't rattle, the lights light up the road ahead of me, the key fobs work, it seems economical and the minging interior has cleaned up nicely, so why am I having second thoughts and wanting to keep my 156 ?

Sorted that :)

We've had her 3 series touring for years now, I've taken it to work for the last couple of days.

I've just found the button that should have 'fun' printed on it.

Bit of sideways action can't be bad ;)

We've had her 3 series touring for years now, I've taken it to work for the last couple of days.

I've just found the button that should have 'fun' printed on it.

Bit of sideways action can't be bad ;)

I've spotted that button :)

Actually, thinking about it, for fucks sake don't press it K9d.

This can't end well :o

Probably not :LOL:

But I'm still gonna press it :)

Both the Beemer and the Alfa are booked in for MOT next Tuesday, I'm interested to see how they fare.

DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTON !!

But I want to !

Press it, get someone to stand on a corner a film you coming round it :). Whats the worst that can happen?

Ah press it then :P

Ouch :bluecry:

The annoying thing is I went for a diesel because my daily trip to and from work is 32 miles, but the day after I bought it things changed and its gone down to 14 miles. If I had known that before I would probably have gone for a petrol :(

Press it, get someone to stand on a corner a film you coming round it :). Whats the worst that can happen?

You free to do some filming ?

Ouch :bluecry:

The annoying thing is I went for a diesel because my daily trip to and from work is 32 miles, but the day after I bought it things changed and its gone down to 14 miles. If I had known that before I would probably have gone for a petrol :(

To be fair, hers is a 318 touring, it'll have less grunt than yours I'd imagine. :LOL:

Yep it will do, mines 150 brake but you won't have turbo lag.

Just put the 3 series and the 156 in for MOT.

156 4 x tyres, 2 CV boots, corrosion at seat belt anchorage floor to sill, rear suspension mounting floor to sill and rear outer sill suspension mounting all offside, plus front brake hose excessively deteriorated.

Plus advisories for front discs.

Apart from the welding, which I can't do, its nothing too major, but I'm not going to fix it.

Will sell it as spares/repairs.

BMW 3 x tyres (will get all 4 changed), headlamp aim too low, indicator bulbs wrong colour, some front suspension issues and rear brake pipe, will get both changed and handbrake not efficient, this could be down to the fact its been sat around for a bit. The handbrake may just need a clean up.

Advisories on suspension bushes, will get them done too.

Even with that lot the beemer works out at a good price.

My 156 made its last journey yesterday, well with me driving at least, I feels kind of sad about it, just hope the Bimmer is as good to drive.

Worst case scenario is I don't like the Bimmer and I sell it and buy another Alfa :)

:( Deserter :P

Felt the same way about the gta

But I had another alfa