Alfa156Melb

156 Gta Alarm Not Arming

OK so this is a conundrum that has completly stumped me. :x

I picked up the GTA from my mechanic earlier today, he installed a clutch, cambelt and a Q2..

Unfortunately though, there is a glitch - the alarm has gone haywire. :!:

So when you close the door and press the fob button, normally the alarm arms itself and beeps.

But now when you press the fob button, the doors lock, but no alarm beep, nor does it arm itself

The weird thing is that it does arm 30 seconds later! So i guess the auto arming function is working..

Only problem is that when you unlock the doors with the fob button, the alarm will NOT disarm! :shock: :shock: IN fact, the only way to turn the damn thing off is to put the key in the ignition and turn to MAR. :cry:

He had the battery out for 5 or so days - would that have anything to do with it?

I've tried disconnecting the battery for an hour tonight, reconnected and the problems still there... it's infuriating! :Black Eye:

The battery appears OK - the car starts perfectly fine, all lights are bright.. there's no sign of a weak battery.

I'm taking it back to him to look at tomorrow but I am hoping someone here may be able to shed some light on this before i bludgeon the car to death...

We had a look at that today... no damage..spent about two hours with the alarm off, then on the off.. bloody thing.. In the end, we unplugged it at the Alarm ECU..

The wires look totally untouched..

I've had to resort to calling a dealer up to take it in, so next Wednesday they're going to attempt to reprogramme the system - whether that works, remains to be seen..

At the moment though I have a blissfully silent car! I don't really care that the alarm is out of action.

I've no idea why but my 156 has no alarm too, it doesn't even seem to have the equipment and buttons for alarm, very silent :D