M.J.S

147 Unlocking Then Locking Again

Hi all,

I've got a strange situation.... my 147 if I unlock with the button it will sometimes lock itself straight away after. It won't let me in! I can open the boot and climb in and open a door from the inside. It did it tonight and was able to open it with the key. When it happened before if I climbed in through the boot I could open the rear drivers sidedoor, but not the rear passenger one.

Any one got any ideas?

Cheers

Have you tried unlocking the car with another remote? Sounds like a sticky remote switch to me!

I'd love to, but I've only got the one key.... is it a hardware switch thatcould be changed in the key?

I'm sure I've had a car that did this, I think I got into it by unlocking it then grabbing the handle quickly before it locked again.

I'm trying to remember what the cause was but right now its eluding me, I think it was related to the boot or car battery but not 100% sure.

I'm sure I've had a car that did this, I think I got into it by unlocking it then grabbing the handle quickly before it locked again.

I'm trying to remember what the cause was but right now its eluding me, I think it was related to the boot or car battery but not 100% sure.

I've also been able to get into it this way as well :)

Faulty drivers door lock motor. Seen this quite a few times.

Hi Smaky! You think its the drivers door even though I could not open the rear passenger door from the inside if I went in through the boot?

9/10 it's the drivers, but it could be one of the others, you know your welcome to bring it over, just give me a buzz.