Sign in to follow this  
Sooty Si

147 Vs. 156 Seats

I can't decide what it is about the driver's seat in my 156, but it doesn't seem to be as comfortable as the wife's 147. In fact, both 147's she's had have been very comfy to drive, even on long journeys, but my 156 seat starts giving me gipp after a while. Even my last car, a Mondeo Mk3 was better, ffs! Maybe the last owner was a big lad, and my seat is a bit squashed.

Both cars have normal leather seats (hers black, mine dark grey), not the Momo ones, and so I was wondering if anyone else has had similar "problems"? Also, if my seat is not actually squashed or knackered in any way, i.e. normal for a 156, then is it possible to put 147 seats in a 156?

:Thinking:

Think I've found the problem...big lad!

The seat base is quite flat compared to the passenger seat (which hardly gets used), and the side bolsters are quite "loose" and flat, if you see what I mean, whereas the passenger seat ones are firm and supportive, as they should be.

...now to source a replacement in bloody good nick.

Thanks, but I'll have to wait until I can afford to get a seat, and it'll need to be close by so I can check it out first - at a glance, mine looks OK, but when you actually sit in it, you can feel the difference. Don't want to replace the whole set if I can help it. Cheers anyway!

Edited by Sooty Si

Maybe its just a personal thing but I find my 156 more comfy than my 147, the 156 is like putting on a favourite pair of jeans it just feels right, I find the 147 is also a bit on the high side in terms of seating position the 156 seems to be lower in the car.

Agreed. Even with the 147 seat all the way down, still feels high up compared to a 156, especially with the Veloce being lower than standard 156s. However, with the knackered bolsters and saggy seat pad, when driving "enthusiastically", its a bit like sitting on a bench, sliding from side to side :LOL:

Also, worth considering...

The older 156 momo leather (with badge embroidered in) seem to be a lot softer, less supportive and a lot less comfy on a run than the same seats without logo from a facelift 156 (so maybe the 147 ones are same as later ones).