smiffy

33 Project

Are you burning any oil? Any blue smoke from the exhaust?

If its sparking and getting fuel but the plug is damp, that says a timing issue to me

Are you burning any oil? Any blue smoke from the exhaust?

If its sparking and getting fuel but the plug is damp, that says a timing issue to me

Not burning any oil or blue smoke. Took it for a run today, read a few posts that they tend to run rough when idling but fine when driven. Sounded spot on round the lanes, didn't give it the full beans but alot better. Idling still rough. Looked into the engine a bit more and now I understand how the whole idling process works. There's an idle control valve that let's air into the throttle bodies when idling, a split vacuum hose can cause lack of air going into the chamber hence no bang or lack of bang. Will look into it over the holibobs

The butterflys only open when the throttle is depressed. So these vacuum hoses are important for idling. Explains why to start it I have to depress the accelerator pedal slightly.

No quite a relief tbh, want to get back on it but I don't think she will be too happy if I had my head under the bonnet tomorrow :LOL:

Once she unwraps the Marigolds and Fairy liquid you've bought her it will be fine, you can go play with your toy and she can play with hers. :thumbs:

She wasn't too happy about the marigolds or the washing up liquid

I now have no legs she took them :bluecry:

Bloody ungrateful women, try your hardest to make their life easier and that's what you get. :nonono: