Sign in to follow this  
Biffa

What's Doing His To My Rear Tyres.

I haven't got a clue, but it will probably help if you indicate which side of the tyre is worn, inner or outer.

I'd say that there is an issue at the back but whether it's tracking, shocks/springs, a bush or loads of weight all the time I couldn't tell you without looking.

It's the inside of the tyre. Both rear wheel bearings were changed couple of years ago. On a newer tyre when it wears it looks like it's saw teeth. I feel it's toeing in.

Sorry if this is too basic an answer, but were the tyres inflated to the correct pressure?

The issue is on the Sports wagon, i'm a few hour in the garage away from having the engine running again and i will check it out when i get the car back on the drive.

When my tyres started to go like that, turned out to be hub bushes. Alex fitted the PU versions i bought, while he redid the entire suspension a while back.

I knew I recognised the name.

:D Yup. Since changed the not so Supersport package for Eibach pro springs and Monroe Reflex shocks. Muuuuuuuch better.

Sorry for OT.

I have poly hub bushes. But have the engine running now and pulled car out of garage did a primitive check using a spirit level and there is a definite difference in the camber of the rear wheels. Using the centre hub of the wheel, and a spirit level there is a 12mm gap between the spirt level (held level) and the top of the wheels hub on the NS, it's about 3mm on the OS. I know it's not really accurate but it's enough for me to be suspicious of the camber.