Sign in to follow this  
Philjay50

Jts Injector Change

Hi, has anybody done an injector change on a JTS engine, if so, is there a guide somewhere please.

If it's a misfire check the coil pack connectors and the packs themselves first before replacing an injector, no guide for this yet as I think there are too many things that can go wrong, and playing with fuel lines can be hazardous.

Thanks for the reply, the problem is its doing up to the time of year that I take the Alfa across the water for a bit of chasing around, Lemans, Spa, etc., so my paranoia is kicking in. The car generally runs very well but recently I had to use supermarket fuel, something I usually do not do, it started to run a little off so I thought it was due for its annual dose of injector cleaner, so I shoved a bottle of Tectron in, things got a little worse, so I cleaned the throttle body. It seemed a little better but then got worse and started to stall and tick over erratically. Now as it happens I have an overhauled and cleaned set of injectors, so I thought I may as well stick them in, hence my question. Since then I have taken out the plugs and cleaned them, cleaned all the connectors I could see and gave the MAF a bit of a clean (I do have a useable spare). Anyway, it seems to be a little happier with it self but I still fancy replacing the injectors at some point.