alfizta

156 Window Regulator Clip

Hi all!

recently had my first fault in 2 years of ownage of a beautiful 156. window regulator clip broke like the one on pic (actually it was all torn to little pieces...), a pretty frequent thing, I'm afraid.

good news is you can buy ONLY THE CLIPS intead of the whole regulator.

bought this one for a few pounds on ebay. it is listed as "fiat doblo window regulator clip" but is exactly the same as the Alfa Romeo one for my M.Y.2000 156 (appart from colour). might be the same clip for a lot of other models/versions and you will save a lot of money.

there are clips for the right and left doors (can't figure why FIAT opted for different clips...), but do not worry if you get the wrong side. you just have to cut the connection between the window security clip and the main clip as pointed, and will fit on any door.

you just have to be very handy tightening the cables again. I did not succeed at that, and when the window regulator was already fitted, the cables got all out and smashed the inner motor pulley and got torn all around... so, bad news again, new elevator for me, as there are no complete repair kits as for other fiat models...

then, not so bad news, again. you can buy a factory reconditioned regulator for half the price of a new one. you just have to give back your old elevator. I got one factory reconditioned, but looked ALL NEW, no signs of wear whatsoever! (sorry, no pics)

IMAG0586_zps6cdad89a.jpg

Dsc_0283_zps580518fa.jpg

Dsc_0284_seta_zps85e1114d.jpg

Edited by alfizta

Nice post :thumbs:

Had to change the whole thing in the gta last year.

Mines gone in my nsr door but luckily buried in my garage is a complete nsr door ☺

www.harry-p.co.uk

Yes. It felt that easy to me too before I got my hands on it. For you to put the cables back on the clip it is needed huuuuge strength. I managed to get the cables on clip, but because some extra cable slept from inside the motor's pulley housing, without me noticing it. then I put it back on place, tried the open/close switch and felt like a cambelt failure, but in a minor scale... total disapointment. when I got the new regulator I noticed the huge tension applied on these cables...

if there's a next time, I'll find a way and post it ;)

The trick it to attatch the cables to the slider first then wind the cable round the drum, this then allows you to apply equal tension on all 4 springs as you slip the drum back into the motor housing.

Hi

To all of you here i had managed to get the clips from eBay, can anyone post some photos how to remove the broken clip and refit the new clips?

• Like 1

As an aside, if you want to delay fiddling with these dam things for as long as possible buy yourself some silicone spray lubricant and spray the runners on your windows that the glass slides along, and inside the door on the mechanism if you can reach it. Anything that helps the mechanism work better will prolong its' life :)