Sign in to follow this  
twisted_pr

Think This Will Polish Out?

Some old twat reversed his brand new E-Class into my 147 over the Christmas period. I took the door skin off and push most of it out, but it’s still creased and “flexibleâ€.

passengerdoor1.jpg

passengerdoor2.jpg

Couldn’t really go mad at the panzer driver though. Cos he’s my Dad!! On the bright side, the 147 needed new doors anyway*, so he’s offered to pay for them both! :yay:

So, am after a pair of 693 Met (azzurro gabbiano) doors for a 3dr pre-facelift 147 if anyone knows of any? Must be free from major scratches, dings etc, but I have all the gear (and some idea of how) to polish them up.

Is changing the doors a fairly simple job or best left to the pros?

* = the passenger’s has a bit of rust at the bottom where it’s been hitting a low wall where we used to live. The driver’s has a poorly carried out stone chip repair from years ago, which came off when I was claying it :facepalm:

answer to you thread is, no its fooked buy a new 1 :LOL: looks worse in the photo's though :o didnt think it was that bad tbh. don think you'll be lucky enough to get replacement doors to match though :( even if you can find the same colour im guessing there would still be difrences in it :(

If my 147 dies you can have the doors, but they're probably worse than yours are :(

One thing I'm keeping if it goes bang is the Bose speakers they are bloody brilliant and will be going in the passion wagon. :)

Thanks for the offer Craig, but hopefully your Sele will last a fair bit longer yet!!

Think I'm gonna buy some doors off fleabay for when the weather improves. They come completely "unfurnished", so will be easier to dynamat then switch the internals from the current doors. :)

Not a fan of the Bose system TBH, Don't get me wrong, it's significantly better than the standard setup, and isn't bad as these things go. Just that I've been spoiled with custom time corrected systems in the past, so the Bose just sounds flat and lacking in mid-range to my tuned ear (a bit like their headphones IMHO). Wish I hadn't gone there in the first place though, as it's a stupidly expensive hobby. :blush:

The speakers in the passion wagon have to drown out a 25 year old diesel and the standard Fiat speakers are crap, so for that the Bose speakers would be a massive improvement.