M.J.S

147 Leaks

Howdy All,

My new 147 1.6 TS seems to have a leak or two.... She is still under the dealer warranty but its a way away and I want to figure out if its worth taking it back to them or not.

So can anyone help me identufy why its leaking from these parts. The pic is the front offisde of the car standing looking at the drivers seat.

It looks to me like the oil is leaking from a bolt above the oil filter, as well as from the oil filter housing. What does the bolt do? is it a case of a washer needing replacing? The oil filter housing, is this likely to be a leak or is it going to be drips from the pipe in front.

What is the pipe in front (arrowed)? what does it carry?

147leaks.jpg

You can see the sump is wet, the car has not been driven today so this is oil (I think)

It also looks like there is a small drip from the sump plug, I guess I should be able to get a new sump plug washer.

Thanks!

Edited by M.J.S

Cheers Smaky,

The steering hose, do you think this needs to be done urgently?

I guess I could keep topping it up until then? What is the correct fluid to use? Will any power steering fluid be okay?

Edited by M.J.S

Thanks Smaky, I'm off to the states in a week or so so it might be difficult to get to you before then. I'll keep it topped up until I can visit you.