Starbright

Sunday Morning Boot Badge Replacement...

Well, this was on my to-do list, so I decided to tackle it...

1013507_10151884613150583_708144757_n.jpg

I'd been warned that it was going to be fun. First stage was to get off the boot trim...

I have no trim remover - I sacrificed a fork for the greater good.

1655874_10151884613105583_327130230_n.jpg

So, firstly, I had to carefully remove the clips and spring.

1609670_10151884613045583_2125724319_n.jpg

Fairly easy....

1794777_10151884612990583_619784981_n.jpg

So, then it was a case of putting in the new badge... making sure the outer spring is in the right place and then reattaching the internal clips.

This was not so easy. There may have been cursing. ;)

But after a bit:

1044744_10151884612830583_1146552744_n.jpg

And outside:

1545964_10151884613210583_873639747_n.jpg

Yay! :D

• Like 1

Looks loads better :thumbs: surprising how much difrence just changing the badge does to a car :)

• Like 1

What did you pay for the new badge ?

£37 - brand new. Worth it though, she looks so much better now!

Did you grease the pin?

Yep, probably explained the fun I had reapplying the clip after... >_<

Also spent a productive afternoon cleaning her:

1621815_10151885165610583_1751681584_n.jpg

She's got a new tax disc holder on now, not that crappy one. The side repeaters were not playing today, so next time. Also now got branded tyre valve caps on. The 'youth' have told me as they were walking past my car looks 'boss' and 'sick', but I've been told that's a good thing... ;)

She is indeed! Only one lot of autoglym super resin polish on as it was getting dark. Next time some more polishing and the gloss protector. Also been recommended the dodo juice wax in blue velvet. :)

A clay bar works wonders too. I did the GTV when I first had her. Came up so smooth :thumbs:

Can't do the GTA really I'll have no wings left :LOL:

• Like 1

A clay bar works wonders too. I did the GTV when I first had her. Came up so smooth :thumbs:

Can't do the GTA really I'll have no wings left :LOL:

It's next on my shopping list - although it might need to wait as I've just spent about £100 on the current lot of cleaning products... :o

Yep it gets like that with Alfas :LOL:

Spent hundreds on cleaning products. Brought a mcguires headlight renovator pack for £40 odd and haven't used it yet :LOL:

Spent hundreds on cleaning products. Brought a mcguires headlight renovator pack for £40 odd and haven't used it yet :LOL:

First time I've had a car I actually care about enough to spend this much time and money on it! Everything else has just been a necessity car - not as fun to look after! ;)

My other cars I used to just wash and let them drip dry :LOL:

Had my 147 then it all changed, spent a bit more money on products. Went crazy when I brought the GTA

My other cars I used to just wash and let them drip dry :LOL:

Mine were lucky if they got a car wash once every 6 months... :0

But let's face it, on my past car history, you can see why - Rover metro, Vauxhall Corsa, Hyundai Accent and a Mini Cooper. Yeah, not inspiring, but needs must! This is actually the first time I've been in the position to get a car I genuinely wanted, so of course I had to go for the one on my bucket list! ;)

Cleaning them does become an obsession, I would recommend Bilt Hamber for the clay bar, it can be lubricated with just water which works out better in the long run.

SRP is good stuff, but when the bug really bites you'll need to get a machine polisher. :)

Mine were lucky if they got a car wash once every 6 months... :0

But let's face it, on my past car history, you can see why - Rover metro, Vauxhall Corsa, Hyundai Accent and a Mini Cooper. Yeah, not inspiring, but needs must! This is actually the first time I've been in the position to get a car I genuinely wanted, so of course I had to go for the one on my bucket list! ;)

My van gets washed once a year, normally when it goes in for its mot at simply Alfas :LOL:

Did take the van through a car wash once.

The big brush things got snagged on the bumper and stopped the whole machine, the guy wasn't happy :LOL:

Cleaning them does become an obsession, I would recommend Bilt Hamber for the clay bar, it can be lubricated with just water which works out better in the long run.

SRP is good stuff, but when the bug really bites you'll need to get a machine polisher. :)

I need a machine polisher in my life

• Like 1

If its the Plastx kit then it really works!

If its the Plastx kit then it really works!

Dunno dude brought it from halfrauds, found out I needed to take the bumper off and arch liners off (not much left of them anyway :LOL: ) and left it in the shed :LOL:

Machine polishers aren't the fire breathing dragons some people make them out to be, use them with sensible caution to start with and you'll soon get the hang of them. I use this http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-aircraft/polishing/p1-nanocomposite-polish/ on mine and it seems to be idiot proof, must be if I can use it. :LOL: