Smaky

This Forum Needs Advertising

Don't you think we need to push this forum a bit more? Others run by those who are clearly more interested by profit and bullshit are not acting in the manor a forum should. Now, this forum just requires registration and the rest is free, others charge for some things like increased PMs and such, I am not proposing this ar indeed any fee to join as I think advice should always be free, from there it's down to the reader/listener to decide its value.

This forum is on its knees and I can't help but think that even if a few flags where to show up at the major events through the year then this may entice new members into our numbers, I enjoy assisting people with their problems and sharing my 25 years+ industry knowledge relaxing, even if it is just to let someone know how to change a light bulb or find the cheapest place to get the best quality item, or which other forums don't like... where NOT to take your car because of "moderated" reputation, just like those ebay adds which have the good feedback only in their descrition.

So who would be willing to aid in the Flag displaying as I'm thinking of having some made?

Good post smaky. :thumbs:

Something needs to happen, and it's not the first time that advertising has been mentioned.

I agree, it'd be great if we could have some kind of advertising campaign.

This is a good forum (although unhealthily quiet lately) which I think could still grow..... given some encouragement ;)

Good points, we are in danger of become our own little niche group.

I know some people are going to Brooklands for the Auto Italia day, that would be a good place to have some flags and perhaps flyers that people can take.

I agree we need to do something.

Flags are a good idea, especially if we park together in some sort of group at events.

Car stickers are the obvious choice. if I see another Alfa parked I always go and have a quick peek so I assume other people do as well and a sticker in the rear screen may entice them to log on and have a look.

T shirts could also generate some interest, especially at events. I know money is tight but I would have no problem in paying for my own stuff.

What about a flyer we could download, print and stick under windscreen wipers, although not in the rain. We could also have a small competition (just for fun) to see who could give out the most and start a thread to post the photographic evidence.

Stickers well :LOL:

Yeah car stickers are good I think to keep cost down we need to have simple design and only one colour. T shirts are another ball game to make them cheap you need to buy loads or expect to pay £30-£40 depending on logo/design.

Flags are good but being realistic to have flags at a meet you need quite a few members and so far I think there has been max of 5 members at a meet (silverstone I think)

I do agree we need to do something but funds are non existent the last time I heard so anything we do will be out of our own pockets.

If we had t-shirts who would buy one?

I'll put a thread up about tshirt designs