Sign in to follow this  
AFLA

Changing The Selection Sensor - In Situ?

Hello,

Is there a way to get at the Selespeed Selection Sensor and replacing it while the actuator is still attached to the gearbox and without dismantling the subframe and/or the actuator?

I have a recurring fault with it and cleaning the connectors is not helping.

Thanks in advance,

Tuval

You can get to BOTH of them with the actuator in situ with the right tols, just remove the battery tray to make life easier.

Well I removed the battery and tray all right but the Selection Position Sensor on the back plate is way down there and in my way are the brake reservoir and thermostat piping... am I just shy of pushing my hand down there and working blindly on the torx screws? Or am I missing something? I could nearly do the same from the wheel arch where I removed the small cover but found it again tricky to jiggle my hand there and position the torx driver properly.

What are the right tools?

Am I just being thick here? :)

Edited by AFLA

FYI, as those on AO don't know, the rear one which you replaced is the RANGE sensor, that's as if you were moving the stick side to side, the other ones are the insertion sensor (stick fore and aft) and the very forward one is the clutch position sensor.