Sign in to follow this  
WTI

Gt F****** Door Handles

passenger side handle snapped AGAIN two weeks ago thought fuck it I'll wait till after Xmas to buy one and sort it.

Tonight drivers side snapped.

Fucking shite Fiat wank build quality

Fucking rubbish.

That's 5 fucking handles since I bought the car.

Sub standard Itallian shite.

i think the inside workings are the same as the fiat 500 so might be cheaper to buy 1 of those? it was a while ago so you might need to double check (i'll ask a mate who was with me when i found out aswell) but if you can take the 'workings' out and fix yours it might be better for you?

Cheers LJ.

Thing is it's not just the cost it's fucking embarrassing how shit some of the build "quality" is on this fucking car.

Cheers LJ.

Thing is it's not just the cost it's fucking embarrassing how shit some of the build "quality" is on this fucking car.

I'll not bother with 1st dibs on it then :lol1:

Cheers LJ.

yea it is annoying, it was an alfa dealership we were at when we got told about it and they said a lot of the time its a plastic link inside the handle that breaks (can't really remember as it was a couple of years ago now) if i can find out though, i will :thumbs:

13 years of working on 147s/GTs I've never managed to break a door handle, I have though replaced well over 50 of them and always keep some handy.

There are differences in the front hinge as well, when I replaced my hinge the door handle didnt sit quite 'flat' against door due to the angle the countersunk hole is drilled at - but this can be 'adjusted' with a drill bit if you are worried (I wasn't !!). Or , if yours isnt broken there yet, you can swap the hinge over.

JJ

13 years of working on 147s/GTs I've never managed to break a door handle, I have though replaced well over 50 of them and always keep some handy.

In case you break them because they are really shit?

Compared to some of the other Marques I've worked on which are meant to be "High quality" (mercs, beemers...) I'd say Alfas are bolted together quite well, but compared to my standards as an aircraft technician... ALL cars are pretty poorly built.