Sign in to follow this  
StescoG66

Sprint/33 Inner Wishbone Bush Help

I have been thrown another curve ball. I bought Powerflex front inner wishbone polybush PFF1 102. Now upon measuring it is the vertical one that sits directly behind the hub - rather than the bar to body bush which is much wider. I cursed and swore the old bushes out, which had the texture and consistency of a week old Jaffa Cake to then find a 5mm difference in diameter between the hole left in the wishbone and the bush to go in it. I think that there would be a wee bit too much free play there . . . . .

Measurements as follows.

Poly bush is PFF1 102, and it is a 'top hat' style bush. Inner diameter 41mm, outer diameter 52mm, 47mm wide.

Width is perfect, diameter is miles out as the hole in the wishbone is 45mm.

Crossmember bush diameter is 45mm diameter, 47mm deep.

Wishbone to body bush is 40mm diameter, 53mm deep.

So as you see it is neither of the other 2 bushes. Am thinking of getting a steel sleeve machined to slot in - would that work do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13941182@N08/11392238563/sizes/c/in/photostream/

Edited by StescoG66

Had a couple of sleeves made up from acetal at a wee local engineering workshop. Problem solved smile.gif

Apparently this is the stuff racing bushes are mde from so immensely strong and - more importantly - no corrosion.