Sign in to follow this  
Saabretooth

159 2.2 Jts Bore To 2.4L

Just thinking of another project, and I'm looking for some directions to parts and so on.

I've got a 159 2.2 JTS which I am thinking of increasing its capacity to 2.4 or thereabouts, with the same compression ratio.

Its a selespeed and has been maintained well over the years.

I'll probably be needing lighter pistons, piston heads, new gaskets, liner, maybe a stronger crank and stuff.

Could someone point to me the necessary parts?

Cheers

sounds like an interesting project, i have no idea hope you get some answers :thumbs:

The 2.2 is a pathetic excuse for an enine as it is, why waste good money on a dead horse? The chain issue they have should put off any thoughts of stretching its legs.

If you insist on going further with it though it may be worth visiting the GM/Holden forums as it's derived from those engines.

Its almost like you're giving me a rope to hang myself :P

but its not my car, I'm just doing the research for a buddy who isn't so internet savvy. but if I'm doing it, at the least, I thought of documenting it for the rest of the guys to follow or avoid this path...