LJ_GQV

Upgrading My Gqv

There is more info, I've contacted the guy again and he's corrected one little fact, it was Angel Tuning. I appologise for the misinformation there but either way I believe it still stands that the internals are not up to the job with this power hike.

:thumbs: i didn't think it would've been to do with them as id spoken to chris during the week & he hadn't said anything about doing another 1. Would you be able to get more any details off the owner like a dyno printout? Im guessing he would've been given something to prove where their money went?

The turbo downpipe is also something to consider. Its like hitting a wall straight out of the turbo & fred said to me when i picked it up, and when we were speaking to people at the Ace Cafe tonight, that if i hadn't changed that there is no way that he would have done the same map on it as he did & would've left it at around 270bhp which he feels is a safe level for it with the standard downpipe. He said 300bhp would be achievable still but he wouldn't have done it as theres no way of telling how long it would last. Maybe this proves his point with the Angel tuning? There are also tuners in south africa doing 300bhp remaps & even more torque than mine (theres a video on youtube) so will be interesting to see how they go

I do love a GQV, must be a beast

Its made a great car even better :thumbs:

just to update this, done a couple more bits to it now. changed the air intake pipework and replaced the airbox with an open cone filter. just need to get it on the dyno to see if it has made any difrence to it or not. it makes a nice noise though and feels like it revs more freely so im happy. fitted new osram bulbs too so no more yellow looking headlights and they actually give out some light now which is quite handy at night. They also match the white led's so doesnt even look out of place like some bulbs you see on cars :) its been silenced a bit aswell as it was too loud before, got a video of it too which is before it was silenced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo41Ccy0kUM

Are you lost ?, you've been up and down that bit of road eight times :LOL:

Sounds good, but will attract some attention.

:LOL:

yea that was before it was silenced so was really loud, its a bit quieter now though and only loud when its in D mode so im happy with it, sounds better now its quieter too :thumbs: before it was just a loud noise :whistle:

met up with chris yesterday after they'd finished work and tried for some video of it, shame it was so windy as a lot of it didn't come out but got something :)

Had the pleasure of going out in this beast and it's great fun :thumbs: Def needed to be silenced, though I shall miss the looks on fellow drivers' faces when we went past. More of a sleeper now, which is better IMHO.

New brake discs arrived today, hoping the pads come soon so i can have it back for the weekend :). I would've liked to do them myself but haven't got the time so Chris is letting me know when he has the pads & i can drop it off :)

Went for EBC Ultimax, will go nice & shiny when the coating wears off & stay black where the brakes dont touch so no rusty looking crap :)

jupatavy.jpg

Cool I've just had my discs and pads done

ypu4ybuq.jpg

The gold will come off and like ljs hopefully have no rust.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got some of the proper Giulietta wind deflectors now :)

daja7y3y.jpg

eqy2y7ez.jpg

:P

treated it to a new tyre today…...

don't know how i managed to pick up that bastid & a nail in the same tyre :bluecry:

ahyrahas.jpg

hugyga3y.jpg

luckily it was on the budget tyre ive been meaning to swap over anyway. mustve picked it up this morning dropping something off, a while later turning round i heard a popping noise and thought i had run a bottle over but when i parked up at home dad said it looked flat, i pushed it and it nearly came off the wheel :mellow: luckily the wheel is alright, had it checked and balanced etc and its all good :)

Must of got it at the gay drive through

Must of got it at the gay drive through

we'll go in your car next time :)

:LOL:

picked it up earlier with the new discs and pads fitted, EBC Ultimax discs and yellowstuff pads. at some point ill do hoses and change the fluid but doubt that will be until the rears need changing

picked it up earlier with the new discs and pads fitted, EBC Ultimax discs and yellowstuff pads. at some point ill do hoses and change the fluid but doubt that will be until the rears need changing

Niceeeee