Sign in to follow this  
StescoG66

Merc Cla220 Amg Sport

Mrs has one just now on trial for her next co car - CLA220 AMG Sport. Its utterly crap. £32,000!!! Is someone havin' a fuckin' laugh!!!!!

Styling is frankly a mess, noisy, rough, claustrophobic, transmission hunts all the time, jerky. Interior plastics are like something from a 1980 Amstrad tower system - particularly the dash vents - and that screen looks as though it has been nailed on by a spastic. Not even that quick. Utter pish . . . .

BTW I won't complain about the plastics in the Giulietta ever again after sitting in this turd!! And the more cars we try, the more I realise just how good her current Accord is.

Edited by StescoG66

We had the same experience when HID was looking for a new car, we looked st the new A class and wondered why it was £24k

Edited by moon_blue

There wass an A class parked beside my Giulietta this morning.

It's nice when you see something that reminds you that you made the right decision.

Long overdue update. After the turd that was the CLA, she tried a 320d M Sport for the weekend. It was OK.............. Nothing more though.

In the end, she was able to go slightly left field - and non German - and chose a Lexus IS300h Luxury Nav, in Arctic White. She loves it to bits, as surprisingly do I, being supremely built and engineered, quiet, comfortable, well equipped and for Paula dirt cheap on tax. Averaging 40mpg from a 2.5 petrol is pretty good in my book. CVT takes a bit of getting used to, but for town and motorway it's absolutely fine, while there is a manual override for the twisty bits which works fine too. it's no track car by any stretch, but deeply, deeply impressive on many levels. Well worth a go IMHO

Long overdue update. After the turd that was the CLA, she tried a 320d M Sport for the weekend. It was OK.............. Nothing more though.

In the end, she was able to go slightly left field - and non German - and chose a Lexus IS300h Luxury Nav, in Arctic White. She loves it to bits, as surprisingly do I, being supremely built and engineered, quiet, comfortable, well equipped and for Paula dirt cheap on tax. Averaging 40mpg from a 2.5 petrol is pretty good in my book. CVT takes a bit of getting used to, but for town and motorway it's absolutely fine, while there is a manual override for the twisty bits which works fine too. it's no track car by any stretch, but deeply, deeply impressive on many levels. Well worth a go IMHO

Old topic resurrection, but a wee update. The Lexus is coming up for renewal, and it has been - by a galactic margin - the best car Paula has ever had.I still say its no sports saloon, however its strengths just become more apparent the more you live with it. What has gone wrong? Nothing......Nowt.......Nada....... Utterly Fuck All. one set of tyres, two services. Thats it............. An engineering masterpiece. What to replace it with is going to be a BIIIIG problem.