Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

Alfa Racing At Silverstone 19-20Th October 2013

Anyone else fancy going to this? I know Gaz is going from here & im going too. I spoke to chris & fred earlier at ProAlfa & they said it should be really good as there are around 30 cars entered for the weekend which should mean some good racing :thumbs: i can only do the 1 day but it was a good day out last time i went & im a bit gutted i couldn't make it to anymore race weekends if im honest :(

Anyway, here's a linky to it & if anyone wants to go, its not that much for a ticket either & there are also other types of racing going on during the day too :thumbs: (you get to walk round & see them all working on their cars which is quite good aswell)

http://www.brscc.co.uk/Championships/BRSCC-ALFASHOP-ALFA-ROMEO-CHAMPIONSHIP

I may go, it depends on the weather and work.

be good if you can make it. think twisty is going too but he's busy at work atm so hasn't been on here recently but i spoke to him the other day and he said he was hoping to go :thumbs:

Anyone else up for this? sounds like its going to be a really good day, there's 2 Alfa races on sunday :)

I've been given the all clear to go, for me it depends on the weather, it will be on Sunday if I do go.

Just looking at the Silverstone website and it looks like entry is free

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/BRSCC-Caterham-Finals/

I deliver to a guy who runs MX5s and I'm sure that it the same championship that's running there.

think everyone (most people anyway) are going on sunday :thumbs: it is free to get in too so even if its raining i'll be going. plenty of places to go if it is raining and with that many cars all fighting for the last few championship points it could get quite interesting :)

What time you getting there? Geezer I'm down in London with is thinking of coming

Not sure what time, i'll try & find out when the 1st alfa race is & try & get there a bit before then, can have a look round & get somewhere decent to watch it from then aswell.

I've only been to silverstone a couple of times before so dont really know anywhere round there to meet. Could either meet in a pub carpark or petrol station nearby & go in at the same time or meet up at silverstone? Think i got most peoples phone numbers to get hold of people?

Just an update on this, i spoke to Chris and Fred at ProAlfa earlier today and they said if we want to we can get parked up in the paddock area as guests of ProAlfa :thumbs: As it is a free event and there are so many cars going to be in the paddock area i will have to phone them so they can send someone out (probly a marshall from the circuit i'd guess) to come and meet us and drive us in, show us where to park etc but it means we will be able to get parked by the teams and all the cars getting ready for the races during the day :) The 1st Alfa race is at 11 so i was thinking of meeting up at this pub carpark at half 9, leave there for the circuit for about 9:45 ish and get to silverstone for about 10 ish or a bit before, not sure if people will be queing to get in or not -->

http://www.thewhitehorsesilverstone.org.uk/index.html

The address is:

The White Horse,

Stocks Hill,

Silverstone,

Northamptonshire,

NN12 8UW

The pub is hopefully not too far out of anyone's way who is going so with any luck it won't be much of a detour for anyone and we can drive over to the circuit and get some good parking places :thumbs:

Yea i saw the weather :(. Im still going though, it rained last time i was there but they had a big truck with a canopy thing over the cars & big umbrella's so didn't get wet :) still, it would be much better if it stayed dry :(

got a couple more people meeting us at the pub now :thumbs: should be quite a few of us now :D

cool, i spoke to Gaz abut it today at the trackday. think he was meeting us there aswell but would need to double check :) he is staying about 12 miles from silverstone so probly on his way anyway. just depends what time he is going and if his car has enough oil left in it, it had a little wee today :o

do you have a rough idea on how many altogether smiffy? cars i mean,won't matter too much about the people i dont think

cool, not sure how much parking there is but should be enough for that :thumbs: i said there will be quite a few of us anyway :cool:

:thumbs: i filled up with petrol (again) earlier so straight up the M1 for me in the morning. see you at the pub carpark?

I got the ethnic people to wash and clean the interior while I went shopping but forgot to fill up :facepalm: