Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

What To Do!

The 156 goes to around 5k but there's no point in doing so, it sounds good for a diesel though.

the van is a bastard child of a few makes, vauxhall, renault and nissan all put their stamp on it as they just rebrand the vivaro as something else for nissan and renault to sell with their badge on the front. every where you look there are difrent name stamps on it :LOL: the engine is from renault though :(

A tweaked diesel GT could be a lot of fun ;) nobody would think anything of it until you put your foot down a bugger off with a whisp of black smoke to let them know its a diesel :). Fred has done a couple of GT's that ive seen (the funny colour 1 at brooklands has had some work done to it :cool:)

How about a 20v 147 ? That might be an interesting project. Or the same in a GTV. Bags of torque and economy it would give a GTA a run for its money!

Smiffy you doing the engine yourself. If so should be able to get a decent 2nd hand twinny for not too much. Worth asking Smacky maybe.

Not to difficult to do just a bit of time really.

What's the rest of the car like is there anything else major needs doing clutch suspension etc....

G ill give you the ho down on the GTV

I brought it last August for £700, I had the clutch done, stainless exhaust fitted with sports cat, the rear end was power flexed and reconditioned spring pans and arms fitted. Then after a couple of months the valves coked up on one cylinder, so the head came off and sent it away to be recon'd. Head came back new valve stem seals slight skim if I remember and full gasket kit. New water pump, variator, cam belt and new maf. The car ran like a dream then it started making the knocking noise on start up :(

The car will either go to the garage or the engine company I used that did the head.

Hopefully it's just the shells that need replacing.

Decided what to do

Fix Gtv and probably sell :(

Sort GTA-overhaul suspension new arms etc

New discs pads in all four corners, powder coat calipers and wheels, and sort exhaust.

Then sell :(

Then.............

Buy a 75 :D 3.0 of course

Probably gets bits over the course of winter for the gta then get it sorted in the new year. Look for a 75 in the summer

Saw A Serbra on eBay but it was about £10,000.

Did you see the wheeler dealers show where they did one?

That was a big rebuild they had to get a replacement chassis due to the original powder coating not being as good as the new stuff is now.

;)

Yep

Still looking

If you don't mind me asking Smiffy why the 75 just curious . Never driven one . Nearly bought a white 3.0 years ago but needed a bit too much doing to it .

If you don't mind me asking Smiffy why the 75 just curious . Never driven one . Nearly bought a white 3.0 years ago but needed a bit too much doing to it .

Dunno really that red one on eBay caught my eye looks spanking and no work to do on it. Never driven one so still might change my mind. Never owned a classic Alfa either. Plus It's RWD and last if the Alfas before fiat took over.

Saw the cerb on wheeler dealers, if I was to get one the chassis would have to be spot on can't be arsed with hassle. And also it would have to be the 4.5 ajp with spider wheels. Not fussed on colour but a blue or the dark purple would be out if this world

Seen that WD episode many times and i almost know Cerberas inside out already

I aint arsed if its a 4.2 or 4.5 as long as its not the S6. The 4.2 is actually the better engine and at least produces its claimed bhp, some 4.5s struggle to make 400

Yeah the straight 6 ain't for me either saw one 4.2 on trader. But most are the S6 :(

Far too many S6s on the market, might have to settle for one though as V8s are getting rarer and rarer

Always fancied a v8 anything just purely for the rumble . Think I would have one just to listen to even if I couldn't drive it :)