K9d

166 Restoration

It does take patience to do the stone chips (i ususlly get bored & paint some ants :facepalm:) only reason i use cocktail sticks is if you drop it or it dry's you can use the other end or bin it. Have to wash a brush out too when you are done :LOL:

Does your car change colour in the sun aswell? On cloudy days a bit brown/burgundy sort of colour but bright sort of cherry red in the sun?

God yes, its a bloody pain in the arse, sometimes it looks fantastic but other times just dirty :mad:

Yes agree the 156 v6 I had was the same colour ithink it Rosso mettalico or something like that. Beautiful in full sun .

God yes, its a bloody pain in the arse, sometimes it looks fantastic but other times just dirty :mad:

ok, thanks

Yes agree the 156 v6 I had was the same colour ithink it Rosso mettalico or something like that. Beautiful in full sun .

Proteo Rosso, Paint code 195A

Yep beautiful in the sun, but can turn to a dirty brown look very easily :(

Is the Giullietta your looking at metallic red LJ ?

Proteo Rosso, Paint code 195A

Yep beautiful in the sun, but can turn to a dirty brown look very easily :(

Is the Giullietta your looking at metallic red LJ ?

That's the one had brain drain there . ;)

Can't decide if I'm going to spend the money on getting the paint sorted or not.

For now I'm just going to drive and enjoy the car, not sure if I love the 166 or the V6, got a mate who has a 156 2.5 V6 who is going to let me have a spin in, when he gets it running right, need to find out if its the car or the engine.

It's the engine mainly bud, the sound the power the smoothness through the gears. Tore the arse end out of mine today and it enjoyed it so did I :D

I'm beginning to think your right, was looking at V6 GTVs but they seem to be holding their price very well. :(

I'm beginning to think your right, was looking at V6 GTVs but they seem to be holding their price very well. :(

They sound the best tbh get a nice raggazon quad on it and the sound is awesome, and the gtv handles very well, and look cool too :D

A Spider would be better, that sound with the roof down :cool:

I'm not old enough for a spider, ask gaz he's going through his mid life crisis and brought one last year :thumbs::LOL:

I'm not old enough for a spider, ask gaz he's going through his mid life crisis and brought one last year :thumbs::LOL:

Fuck off dickhead

problem with the spyder is you loose some of the rigidity which affects the handling and it suffers from a lot of scuttle shake. :Sigh:

find one with a sun roof and you really need to drive a 3.0 different beast to the 2.5 :Big Grin:

I've pretty much decided, to keep the 166 for now and just enjoy the driving, whilst slowly getting her up together and hopefully learning a few new skills along the way.

I will keep an eye out for a 3.0 but won't be seriously looking until June/July next year, unless something really special pops up.

First thing to do is sell the Megane, put a new, well less damaged, rear bumper on yesterday now just need to give it a clean up and possibly do a bit of filling and spraying on the damaged rear wheel arch, or I may just bang it back through the car auctions.

problem with the spyder is you loose some of the rigidity which affects the handling and it suffers from a lot of scuttle shake. :Sigh:

find one with a sun roof and you really need to drive a 3.0 different beast to the 2.5 :Big Grin:

Don't find this myself, but I've always had the spider.

I've always seen the spider as a ladies car to be honest.

It's a very pretty car, not at all suited to being driven by a bloke.

Just my opinion though.

It's probably more noticeable if you have both side by side it's not terrible but there is a slight difference with the one I drove mind you having said that I think it was due a suspension overhaul which didnt help ;)

I also think it depends on what you want it for if its Sunday cruising in the country then the spider is probably the one to have.

Edited by Gibot123

One day i'll let you loose in the Gtv and you'll see how stiff it is in comparison

The Gtv, obviously, before you get all filthy :P

One day i'll let you loose in the Gtv and you'll see how stiff it is in comparison

The Gtv, obviously, before you get all filthy :P

ME!?!? Filt... Oh alright.

I love my car, Drove around europe for nine days in it and was comfy and carried everything we needed for for nine days camping (Believe it or not, the space is there if you look) I find it comfy to drive on long journeys, though not to be a passenger in, I must say.

There is little wrong with the Spider as such. It is a comfy car, quite nice to drive and does look a bit special

Coming from a Gtv to a Spider, as i did, you are in for a bit of disappointment. It is nowhere near as good to drive. Go from a Spider to a Gtv though and you can pretty much guarantee being amazed at how much better the coupe is