Saabretooth

Rough Gear Shift Or Not At All

The last time I had this happen was on an Alfa sud and that was the gear lever bushes. Do you still have the original nylon block you replaced when you fitted the quick shift. It might be worth changing it back just to see if you can narrow the problem down.

How much adjustment have you got on the quick shift or is it pre set ?

I'm wondering if it has managed to stretch the cables though wouldn't have thought so.

Are you sure it's not snagging on somthing or sticking .

I don't have the originals, unless the workshop kept it in a box somewhere... but I doubt it.

The quick shift is preset, no adjustments at all. I suppose it could be slightly loose at the base. if it is fixed down, then it should not have a problem.

My trouble shooting style is go with the simplest solution first, and work my way up to the toughest.

Will do a check on the bottom engine mount too first easy to see.

if its not the shifter, then I'll check on the cables

if not cables, then I will look at that Rod thing that smaky is talking about, as well as the release bearings.

All fluids and clutch are brand new, relatively brand new.

Yes maybe worth trying to bleed it through just to make sure as have had this a couple of times where been ok then just started playing up due to a bit of air stuck in the system can take a while to move .

I take it the pedal feels ok.

Just thought have you tried bleeding the the clutch cylinder than can need doing a couple of times if you got air in the system whilst changing the clutch . If its not the bearing it might explain why it was ok for a while then got worse.

I take it its the external cylinder and not the concentric internal on the 3.2 ?

I don't know of any 3.2 V6 Bussos with concentric slaves, if you do then please share...

In my readings I've not come across being able to bleed the clutch cylinders. not sure if its possible with the 3.2 V6.

they're usually replaced when it goes limp or soft

I don't know of any 3.2 V6 Bussos with concentric slaves, if you do then please share...

:)

In my readings I've not come across being able to bleed the clutch cylinders. not sure if its possible with the 3.2 V6.

they're usually replaced when it goes limp or soft

All clutch cylinders can be bled.

Master and Slave Cylinders getting replaced tomorrow. Not sure if the old ones can be refurbished.

Pretty easy on the 3.2, don't expect any more than 2 hours labour.

Its been good for the longest time, but not as perfect as it should have been when I first replaced the clutch.

NOW...the weirdest thing about it.... I recently replaced a gearbox component, the final drive from a 2.5V6, and the shifter is now smooth as silk... but there's nothing wrong with the original one... It could have just been a minor misalignment of the gearbox and all this nonsense happened.

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

Edited by Saabretooth