Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

Stickers

Stickers will be here soon we are just deliberating which ones to choose from. Been a long time coming I know :thumbs:

The sticker issue has been for a few reasons.

We need to buy in reasonable quantities to get reasonable prices and quality. Unfortunately we don't have loads of spare cash, and this site makes next to nothing .....so they have been delayed. They were also delayed as I wasn't here for months cos Waz was ill. We could have churned out rubbish ones but didn't.

So OFFICIAL AD stickers will be here in a few weeks.

Sorry for the inconvenience and rubbish management...but hey you have had something to moan about for the past year or so lol.

The few people who have already paid will get them shortly, if others want them they can be ordered.

How ?

Just asking like :D

You give me your money and I'll give you a Jiffy bag :thumbs:

How long does it take to decide on a bloody sticker ffs :whistle:

It's forum biased so those that be needn't get involved. ...

Some of us try and bring it to a club level or bring in new members every which way and it's like 'fuck you' we'll do it our own way thank you :mad:

Nb Im not going to discuss this on here I have explained my position. ....so I guess you must be right......

Ps posts like that little rant of yours don't welcome new members ....just saying like :thumbs:

Some of us try and bring it to a club level or bring in new members every which way and it's like 'fuck you' we'll do it our own way thank you :mad:

Deciding on price/quality. If you would read moki's post it explains why stickers have took so long. :)

Nb Im not going to discuss this on here I have explained my position. ....so I guess you must be right......

Ps posts like that little rant of yours don't welcome new members ....just saying like :thumbs:

Hardly a rant and I've done my best to attract new members including the latest ;)

Hang on a mo ....You ain't 'kin PainterGirl in disguise are you :o

Edited by northernbstard

Hardly a rant and I've done my best to attract new members including the latest ;)

Hang on a mo ....You ain't 'kin PainterGirl in disguise are you :o

Right only constructive posts please.

Perhaps it's the bigger version of the other smiley he used in the twat of the day thread?

Hopefully I can put this issue to bed and answer the above in one go...

I know the idea of selling car stickers has been around for a long long time, we even started taking pre-orders when we thought we had a reliable source previously. Unfortunately that fell through and thanks to the understanding and patience of those who did place pre-orders we've been able to take a "we'll get there eventually" stance.

Sure this is a community based forum site, which I for one am very proud of. It has proven to be self policing, adult (in the non-smutty sense) centered, open and welcoming forum. The spirit of the community has held strong, if not flourished over the last few months, at times when none of the founder members (me, mokicat and munky) have been able to spend much time on-site.

I sincerely hope, in fact I know, that there never has been even an incling of a "f**k you" attitude from any of us founder members. The efforts that members go to in order to promote the site and try to bring in new members doesn't go un-noticed and I'm certain that every member appreciates that effort.

The absolute nuts and bolts of the sticker issue is finance. The very fact of the matter is that in reality this website loses money every month. If people don't believe that fact I'd be more than prepared to post a screen shot from the site's PayPal page showing how much money this site has ever raised. The reason that the site can afford to stay online is because Fiona (mokicat) and I pay for it to stay online.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to bankroll the initial cost of the stickers. The reason that we're once again looking at stickers is that the site has raised enough money through donations and subscriptions that can now be put towards buying stickers. The bulk of the print cost will still have to paid by Fiona and I though. For instance, the tooling for the best quality profile cut stickers is around £100 per sticker design and to be blunt the donations raised don't even cover the cost of the tooling let alone buying any stickers.

As the site owner Fiona doesn't want to put out any old sticker - she wants what this community needs, properly branded, good quality fade reistant stickers. We've had three lots of samples through the post and are awaiting one more company's sample before making a decision on which one(s) to order. This process isn't up for community discussion and or vote by committee, someone has to make the decision and it might as well be the person who owns the site and is paying the bulk of the cost.

Hopefully over the next few months, and dare I say it years, we'll be attracting many more members, raising a lot more money through donations and subscriptions and get ourselves some proper marketing material. Sure we want to be able to provide area reps with leaflets, brochures, those wee gazebo thingys for shows etc, but that all costs money.

Those within the community that feel the need to continually bump their gums and have a go about these things not happening quickly enough should maybe redirect some of that energy towards helping raise the coffers. Every single penny that has ever been raised by this forum's community has been put back into the forum and community - how many other sites can honestly say that?

Waseem

Good post, thanks Waz. :thumbs:

no probs Morgan, I thought it was important to share the reasons behind the whole stickers issue, saves people from having to second guess and hopefully allays the negativity around the subject. :D