Sign in to follow this  
shane25

The Rover thread

what did he hit? looks like some brown 'smearing' on the number plate :teehee:

A telegraph pole. very fast

the only one on the street with a supporting pole

there was oil on the road on a very 'fun' bend. Even the recovery truck skidded

I've owned nothing but Rover, since 1999. A 618Si until 2006, and a succesion of 3 820 Vitesses since.

I'd recommend the 820 Vitesse to anyone. (obviously) They're pretty scarce now (DVLA lists 80 taxed and 88 SORNed right now) but still can't raise much more than £900 in mint condition.

0-60 in 7.5, and the guts of 150mph. Where else do you get that for that kind of dough?

I have had 2 Vitesse Turbos myself. A 1994 Vitesse sport Lux, and a later 200bhp Vitesse.

I had quiite a bit of trouble with both of them to be honest. I suppose this was a few years ago now, and because they were cheap there were many neglected ones about. The ones that survive now are probably well looked after.

Mine is!

And will continue to be. I'm in the middle of a radiator change, not because this one is broken or leaking, just because I have an absolutely pristine one that I've just finished touching up cosmetically with spare radiator paint after spraying my intercooler.

The fact that while I'm doing that I happen to be putting on a manual boost controller, a big proper induction setup, a modified engine mount to clear a bigger turbo's inlet housing and a socking great big front mounted intercooler is accidental. Y'know, it happens.

Mine is!

And will continue to be. I'm in the middle of a radiator change, not because this one is broken or leaking, just because I have an absolutely pristine one that I've just finished touching up cosmetically with spare radiator paint after spraying my intercooler.

The fact that while I'm doing that I happen to be putting on a manual boost controller, a big proper induction setup, a modified engine mount to clear a bigger turbo's inlet housing and a socking great big front mounted intercooler is accidental. Y'know, it happens.

...one is reminded of the banner which can be seen hanging at the ground of popular Association Football club, the Manchester United, which declares: "United,Kids,Wife. In that order.", and it's resonance with the Von Dongalot family motto, "Bigger Turbos. The Rest Can Fuck Right Off.".........