Sign in to follow this  
shane25

The Rover thread

Ah, Meester Shane. Glad you could join us, however temporary your Alfa ownership might be! :LOL:

its nice to see you've kept a car more than 5 minutes foxy

Is this the next step for rover owners or something, theres 3 on this thread alone that i know of :whistle:

I don't own one anymore :tut:

2spark does though... and he loves it :LOL:

Is this the next step for rover owners or something, theres 3 on this thread alone that i know of :whistle:

I had Rovers before I had an Alfa, too. :thumbs:

Loads of old SD3 213s, a brace of 800s (Vitesse Turbo and an 827) as well as a MkII 416, a Maestro 1.3... Oh, and my first car, a 1971 Mini Clubman. :cool:

and its been downhill ever since (apart from a brief bmw/alfa period)... culminating in the rock bottom of the motoring world... a derv golf.... a grey derv golf. :facepalm:

:LOL:

I did catch myself eyeing up Ti's while considering my next cheap car :$:LOL:

I just counted up the number of Rovers I've owned. 16!

That includes six 800's. Six. Four Vitesses and two Tickford Mk1 820 Turbos. Insanity! :crazy:

To be honest, Alfa ownership would have to go a long way to beat the sheer unreliability factor of an M16 turbo Mk1 820 - engine parts supply was also interesting, seeing as there were only about 26 left uncubed when I had my last one, and some parts were not even available from new! :rofl:

I still want another one though. I need professional help. :LOL:

Since we have a few self confessed rover deviants on here... lets see pics of your shame...

Here's mine.

620ti... not a bad car all round :$

upload1.jpg

I want another Vit. :sad:

I mean, another-nother one. The one I've got now is an epic ratty death shed.

Also, how many damn smileys have you nicked from Rovertech already, Joe? Every time I look there's more here...

I expect a strong performance from Morgan in this thread and for everybody else to deny ®over ownership until the cows come home. I drove a 416SLi once that was OK and a bloke once offered me a 214 buck shee.

I have a 54 plate 45. looks a bit like a 316 IMO

But I do wear glasses :LOL:

I just counted up the number of Rovers I've owned. 16!

That's deeply impressive, Mr. Fox. :pray:

You've inspired me to recall all the Rovers I've had now...

1971 Mini Clubman 998cc

1984 Austin Maestro 1.3 HLE

1985 Rover 213 SE

1987 Rover 213 S

1990 Rover 213 SX

1988 Rover 213 SE

1989 Rover 213 S

1993 Rover 827 SLi

1994 Rover 800 Vitesse (2.0 Turbo)

1999 Rover 416 SLi

And some stuff that's sort-of-like-a-Rover:

1991 Honda Legend 2.7

1988 Jaguar XJ6 2.9

:cool:

I can't post pics of all the ones I've had, or you'll probably run out of server space. :LOL:

Still miss my Mk1 820 Tickford Turbo though, and they're so rare (I think at last check there were 7 taxed examples left - thankfully including this one which now resides in Wales) that I doubt I'll ever find another decent one.

TickfordFRS.jpg

Handled like a big blob of jelly, but went like the proverbial poo off a garden implement after a few tweaks. The M16 turbo engine was good for well over 300bhp with nothing but simple bolt on mods. :D

I can't post pics of all the ones I've had, or you'll probably run out of server space. :LOL:

Still miss my Mk1 820 Tickford Turbo though, and they're so rare (I think at last check there were 7 taxed examples left - thankfully including this one which now resides in Wales) that I doubt I'll ever find another decent one.

TickfordFRS.jpg

Handled like a big blob of jelly, but went like the proverbial poo off a garden implement after a few tweaks. The M16 turbo engine was good for well over 300bhp with nothing but simple bolt on mods. :D

I have a Friend who had a white one of those until quite recently.

I have had a couple of Vitesse sport Turbos, an 827 sterling, a vitesse 827 with a manual box and a couple of Honda engined 216 Sli's

All of the 800's I have hd were pretty unreliable to be honest, electrics, bits falling off, broken diff bearings, crunchy gearchanges etc..

However the 216's were brilliant in comparison, buid and reliability was leagues better.

All of the 800's I have hd were pretty unreliable to be honest, electrics, bits falling off, broken diff bearings, crunchy gearchanges etc..

Oh, horrendously so. :D

Mind you, the fact that you could pretty much strip out half the interior in an 800 with no tools came in handy now and then when trying to track down some of the myriad electrical problems. :LOL:

800's are lovely cars to drive when everything works, it's just a shame that never happened as often as it should.

I'm up to a count of six - a flying start in any effort to catch Foxy, considering the comaparative length of driving history.

1992 214 SLi (flame red, immaculate)

1998 820 Vitesse fastback (flame red, not far off)

1991 216 GTi Twin Cam (drab silver ratty runabout that I ended horribly)

1997 416 Si (drab silver ratty runabout that I'm breaking)

1995 820 Vitesse fastback (woodcote green - bought for a banger rally, turned out to be an epic death shed, so I'm breaking it)

1994 420 GSi Turbo (flame red - my long term project - and before you say it Joe, yes, it will see the road again.)

You may notice that I have a thing for flame red. :$

I also was close to having one of the first Tickford 820s, and also an M16 220 GTi that had been track prepped.

Would anyone object to me moving the Rover posts here to the "Other Car Chat" section in a thread called "The Rover thread"?

EDIT: Posts now moved.

Do it quick before people think they've gone on the wrong forum!

Do it quick before people think they've gone on the wrong forum!

:biglol:

I'll take that as a "Good idea Morgan, please proceed". :rolleyes:

:LOL:

I expect a strong performance from Morgan in this thread

1971 Mini Clubman 998cc

1984 Austin Maestro 1.3 HLE

1985 Rover 213 SE

1987 Rover 213 S

1990 Rover 213 SX

1988 Rover 213 SE

1989 Rover 213 S

1993 Rover 827 SLi

1994 Rover 800 Vitesse (2.0 Turbo)

1999 Rover 416 SLi

And some stuff that's sort-of-like-a-Rover:

1991 Honda Legend 2.7

1988 Jaguar XJ6 2.9

:cool:

Strong enough for you, keithyboy? :D

Also, how many damn smileys have you nicked from Rovertech already, Joe? Every time I look there's more here...

:Confused:

I havent stolen any from rt... people find smileys, post them and ask me to add them... I add them.

:thumbs:

Or in words you'll be more familiar with... suck my balls you hairy cowboy hat wearing bender.